Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks everyone

Yeah "natruski" is powder=horn. During GNW swedish and russian soldiers used powder horns, wich changed in some things the way of recharging the musket. It was a little bit different than in napoleonic period.

Yeah, i agree with you about pikes, but Strelets could do this, and their pi¨kes are not so bad, so Zvezda also could do this. Still its not big problem, but its incorrect.

About tricorns, the same, not very important inaccuracy.

The problems are small, but still its not correct. I just posted historical mistakes, but still these sets are very good and highly recommended to buy.

thanks to all

Yevgen Chernov

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks everyone

I agree. Thank you very much for listing the errors. It is easy to simply shoot down a set by claiming that it is unhistorical. It is far more helpful to lay out what you perceive the errors in a set to be so that 1) others can investigate this for themselves to see if they are still interested in buying the set, and 2) you can takes steps through painting, conversions etc. to correct the errors.

Posting photos??

Dear Yevgen,

thank for the work you have done. Bill is right, shooting down is easy but to proof it is something very helpful to others.

Last evening, when I checked my sources I wondered if it would be possible to post photos here in our discussions. That would be a great addition to our "problems". A photo can say more than 1000 words.

Strelts, what do you think about it?

cheers
Uwe

Re: GNW Flags

Dear Mike,

you can find Russian designs on:

http://www.viskovatov.narod.ru/T02/T02_02.htm

Unfortunately the text is in old (pre 1917 Revolution) Russian, so we are unsure how it will work with modern translation software.

Probably some of our Russian-speaking visitors will help you with the translation.

Best regards,

Strelets