Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Strelets Romans

Carlos,
you`re absolutely right. If there`s one company which produces steadily very good sets without any letdowns it is Zvesda! All winners, no fillers!
Of course there`re at least 3 more brands which earn that title: Caesar, Pegasus and Preiser. I would like to add Revell, but they seem to have stopped developing new sets (meanwhile). And I personally like Emhar sets a lot!
So I`m sure their chosen subjects are maybe questionable to some, but I`m also sure that the new sets will compare very good and add welcomed variety to already existing sets! Their Numidians will surely blast away the poor Hät-set for example!
Can`t wait too see their next release and lets hope for some unexpected/not announced "surprise"-sets again this year!
BTW I would count Strelets to my top 3 (to 5) list because of their well-chosen themes/units/conflicts (especially WWI, Crimean, "dark ages", ...), but as I love the WWII, WWI, Crimean, Ancient, "Knights" sets of the nominated companies just a wee little tiny bit better I can`t add them to that very exclusive list (at the moment, hehe). That might change immediately after I`m holding the first set of Strelets-WWII-figures in my greedy hands! (HINT HINT, will the WWII staff sets get released in 2007?)
Please forgive me, my Forum hosts!
Greetings
a servile Peter

Re: Strelets Romans

One thing I forgot:
There´re (ancient) Germans announced by Zvesda? Did I miss someting? Maybe you confused them with the announced ancient Egyptians and the upcomimg Germans from Caesar?
BTW Caesar:
When will they release their next batch? Anyone`s got further informations? I just want to get some boxes of their (yearning awaited ) WWII French, Dutch/Belgian, Chinese and of course 3 more sets of Germans (couldn`t resist to write that )+ their WWI (& others) sets of course. I hope their announced vehicle-kits are not that rubbish "quick-assembly-wargaming" style. Would like to see some new & fresh kits from Caesar, bringing even more competition to the already very busy 1/72-model-market with some (hopefully) proper, detailed and useable releases!
There were rumours about their apparently bad finacial situation and a popssible bankruptcy some weeks/months ago, what about this myths?
We need more business-insiders-knowledge here!!!
Greetings