Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Which 10 sets do you want from STRELETS this year?

Mini-sets
ACW dismounted cavalry in skirmish line
Norman cavalry of the same quality as the infantry set
17th Century cavalry(30Years'War,English Civil War)
17th Century musketeers and pikemen
7YW firing lines(British and French)
Skirmishing Indian warriors for French-Indian wars(Mohawks, Iroquois, Huron)
Highland firing line for 18th/19th Century

Re: Re: Re: Which 10 sets do you want from STRELETS this year?

Macedonian pikemen (Miniset, with pikes - sarissas) to form a Phalanx
Greek Hoplits (Miniset) to form an old Type Phalanx
Germanic Warriors (Miniset)
Persian Infantry (Miniset)
Iberian Infantry Punic Wars (Miniset)
Hannibals Veterans (Punic wars)
Celt warriors (Miniset)
Native Punic Cacallery with Hannibal (normal set)
Ancient Mede Infantry (Miniset) to figth those Assyrians

Re: Re: Re: Re: Which 10 sets do you want from STRELETS this year?

I think most of the above posters have missread the original post that asked which sets in the Original Format as opposed to the new Mini set.

I think that the Original format is good for General Officers, Camp Life and as stated by Dave Hennen lower in a previous thread is good for a set with Officers, Muscians, Standard Bearers, Pioneers, NCO's, hand to hand fighting and wounded. Basically all of the speciality poses. Then the Mini concept used to give the bulk poses of Marching/Advancing, Firinging Line.

Hopefully Cavalry will always remain as 12 poses since the Mini sets from the likes of Hat or ACTA with only 4 poses that lack Officers, Muscians, Standard Bearers etc.. are pretty boring. Although for large formations they can be used to bring up the numbers of troopers but only if you already have a company providing the special figures.

Best regards,

Malcolm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Which 10 sets do you want from STRELETS this year?

1. More Napoleonic staff sets: mounted allies, Rheinbund, middle level officers, Imperial Guard band.

2. Civilians (refugees, camp followers): Ancient, Mediaval, Reinaisance, 17-18 century, Napoleonic, WWI-WWII.

Well, that's already 10.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Which 10 sets do you want from STRELETS this year?

1. The remainder of the Crimean War Range (then we can start pestering for more!!!).
2. Russian Civil War troops of various persuasions.
3. Great Northern War ... and other related conflicts. What about Peter the Great taking Azov or being captured by the Turks???
4. Siberian and Mongolian colonial figures ... What about the Russian defenders and Chinese attackers of Fort Albasin in the 1680s? (OK, this is very esoteric but could open the way for Far East ranges of Taiwanese, Koreans, Natives, etc!).
5. Additional Alexander Nevsky/Bogatyr historical or folkloric figures...
6. Boer War and other late 19th/early 20th c eur0pean and native forces.

Have a great day, Frank

Malcolm-I think some of us feel that the old format would also work for some of these items. Cavalry sets can consist of 12-16 figures in 4 to 6 poses, or they can consist of 12-16 different poses. While I think the Zvezda system works better for 18th century, Strelets has shown with the GNW Swedish infantry that 18th century can be done well in their old format. The Jacobites of course scream for Strelets old format.

My request for 16th century foot was based on the assumption that more than one type would be combined in a box, so that the pike, shot and command figures that ACTA produced for the ECW in 2-3 boxes could be done in 1 box using the old format. I will admit that this is not my most desired format. However I think realistically it is unlikely that I will get 3 new boxes of 16th century foot, but I might get one combined set.

Dear Malcolm,

Bingo! I really do not know to say it gently, but I do not want to see Cavalry sets go to 4 poses. Still today, the Airfix Cavalry sets remain popular re-runs in all of their 12-pose glory, and now in different colors making me especially happy!

I bought many of the 4-pose Cavalry Sets, but the lack of excitement, plus the boredom of gray color only, caused me to store them in favor of Strelets*R and Orions wonderful Rainbow of color choices and pose choices.

I really hope also that the Strelets*R Cavalry sets remain 12-pose sets!

Happy Collecting!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Which 10 sets do you want from STRELETS this year?

I have to agree about the Carthaginians, since I'm finishing my army, would like to see a minipack of Hannibal's veterans, and a personality pack with some Barcas, maybe combined with some Scipios, and maybe Massinissa too if necessary to make a full pack.

I'm still holding on to that dream of seeing a medieval Russian court set on the shelves.

A Persian Royal chariot with Darius, opposing Alexander because HaT won't do it. :(

Medes and Babylonians to oppose the Assyrians, and later Egyptians too?

Erika

I'm not that fussy, or particular. I'd be happy to see the following in generic uniforms:
ACW Union Infantry
ACW Union Cav
ACW Union Artilery
ACW Confederate Infantry
ACW Confederate Cav
ACW Confederate Artilery
AWI/F&I Indians
AWI/F&I British
AWI/F&I Colonists
AWI/F&I French
(above 4 in Inf,Cav, Art)
I really don't care in any of them if they are the official uniform of the 60 members unit of the Michigan 6th Brigade of King Georgia's Cross Dressers and Pig Farmers Dragoons, armed with sewing needles and the extremely rare six shot long range kitchen spoon. Just generic would be fine.

Re: Which 10 sets do you want from STRELETS this year?

As regular Strelets-R sets I would like:
1. French Commanders, Staff, Hospital for the Franco-Prussian War 1870/71.
2. Commanders and Staff (low ranks as well) for the Prussians, Bavarians, Württembergers, and other German states for the Franco-Prussian War 1870/71.
3. WW II Civilians, Refugees!!!
4. German Colonial Troops (Schutztruppen) and Auxiliary Troops to depict the Herero conflict or some WW I actions e.g. !
5. Definitely Turkish Infantry for the Crimean range!
6. WW I Russian Infantry, with a few Commanders/Staff fugures.
7. WW I Austrian Infantry, with a few Commanders/Staff fugures as well.
8. Zulus for the Colonial era, camp life + warriors.
9. Ancient Greek Civilians for a nice city/village Diorama depicting some daly life aspects.
10.Any Set widening the limited 17. century range in our hobby!

That's already 10, but I would really miss the original Strelets-R format.
There are so much more sets I would like to be done in that style:
- WW I Italians, Turks, Serbs & Montenegrins, Anzacs, Sengalese, ...
-1 870/71 French and "German" infantry, artillery
- MORE Crimean sets!!!
- Russian Civil War sets, Colonial era European + "Native" forces.
- ... .
And I didn't even mention cavalry!
KEEP THEM COMING!!!
Greetings
Peter

On record, I second PeterTheGreat's recommendation list. Especially Franco-Prussian War :-)

A set of each for French, Austrian, Russian and Prussian 1805-1807 foot artillery, in summer dress and in long coats (winter dress) to cover Austerlitz up to and including Friedland. Same for horse cavalry (except for the Prussians and the Austrians). That makes already 12 sets. Existing sets offer only an extremely limited number of poses, with no guns under direct attack from cavalry or infantry, no casualties etc.

Hello,
1 more crimean(french inf,cav and art,italian, turkish troupes british artillery etc...)
2 Franco Prussian war range
3 WW1 french early cavalry and infantry
4 WW1 Belgian early cavalry,infantry and artillery
5 1859 range(french and italian against austrian)
6 1805 russian cavalry and artillery
7 1806 Prussian cavalry and artillery
8 Russo japanese range
Voila.
René Dave.

Re: Re: Re: Which 10 sets do you want from STRELETS this year?

I'm not a Crimean collector, but I appreciate the need for those already collecting the period to see it finished. Also I have been able to use some of the figures for other periods, e.g Zouaves for ACW. My top 10

1) Napoleonic Prussian Landwehr Cavalry (given the number employed still one of the biggest holes in the late Napoleonic period)
2) TYW Cuirassiers/Lobsters (I still have a stash of the Revell cavalry) or TYW commanders, since many of them were similarly dressed.
3) generic Marlboroughian period Infantry (Mini)
4) ditto cavalry
5) ditto artillery
6) Jacobite/Highland Infantry
7) C18 mob/militia, etc. suitable for the Vendee, Irish uprisings in 1798, etc.
8) Russian Civil War - bolshevik infantry in the shlem
9) Polish Pancerni
10) SYW commanders

Perhaps someone could put together a poll to see what is most popular? Ans perhaps Strelets could produce the most popular one (provided the poll is fair!)

I guess I need mine on the record....

Actually, there are several I would like to see in the various lists. And since I got my US Cavalry and Boer War stuff, I can't ask for much more. But I do have a few I think Strelets would do well at:

1 - Camerone 1863 French Foreign Legion.
2 - Camerone/Mexican Adventure Mexican Cavalry or Infantry (you choose)
3 - WWI Personalities
4 - Seven Years War
5 - Spanish Succession

Also I want Strelets to come through with their WWII Hopital/camp sets

and their Crimean French Cavalry.

That's it. The rest of my want list is for other manufacturers, some of which they've already threatened to make!

Seconding others wishes and adding few of my own:

1. A second mounted Confederate command set to make up for the foot set
2. ACW New York Highlanders(Kilted)
3. ACW dismounted cavalry in skirmish line, Both Yankee and Confederate
4. Skirmishing Indian warriors for French-Indian wars (Mohawks, Iroquois, Huron)
5. A set of each for French, Austrian, Russian and Prussian 1805-1807 foot artillery
6. Camerone 1863 French Foreign Legion.
7. French Foreign Legion, WW 2 in the desert
8. Union Iron Brigade
9. Texans for the Alamo
10. Pirates / Sailors for Battle of New Orleans, etc.
11. Camerone/Mexican Adventure Mexican Cavalry and Infantry
12. Mixed staff set for Hat's Wurtemberg, Saxon, Naussau and Swedish sets
13. 1815 American Infantry and Artillery