Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: To S*R Re: ACW Confederate General Staff (2)

Dear Strelets*R,

Thank you for the reply. I have always liked the original S*R Philosophy of 49 unique figurines, but today we must also recognize and accept the need for innovation. The Mini's are an example of taking something good and making it better. An archaeologist once game me his business card with the following printed on it, "Change, adapt, or die!" I have never forgotten those words.

It seems to me, every theme or "Campaign" needs one good base set, including Officers, Troops, and a few theme pieces. A Campaign of only 12 poses (Mini) is too few.

Maybe "Staff" sets should be dropped and the "Traditional" set could be adapted to include the most famous participants - 3 on horses, 3 on foot, with some unique soldier poses of Seargants, hand-to-hand fighting, etc and as advancing and casualties, and also include a unique theme, such as camp life, hospital, or fort duty. Then the "Mini" sets supplement with the firing line, charging line, cavalry, artillery, marching etc as Mini's.

Example: "American Civil War Confederate Celebrates Victory at Gettysburg" Includes 3 sprews of (only foot) officers, NCO's, a nice variety of many action and casualty poses, and then 1 sprew of "victory celebration" poses (as the Union troops retreat). Each battle or theme usually had one important event to immortalize.

Probably you already thought of this, or it has been said before, but anyway, best of luck and I look forward to seeing what the S*R Team comes up with for the future. Thanks again for your reply.

Happy Producing!

Re: Re: Re: To S*R Re: ACW Confederate General Staff (2)

OT for just a second but...just who was that archaeologist?

I had a paleontologist once give me his card, along with a free fossil because he liked me so much.

STRELETS - 44 figure infantry sets to end production ?

Streletes when you mentioned in reply to Dave Hennen ...

"Infantry sets in old Strelets format are becoming increasingly uneconomical"....

Only lends me to think that you are considering only doing mini's in the near future.

Thats fine. I agree with Arlin, something is better than nothing.( Just handover the Crimean Turkish Infantry one format or another .chuckle).

I like the mini pro wargaming layout approach.Much easier to compose armies on bases etc.

Re: STRELETS - 44 figure infantry sets to end production ?

"Infantry sets in old Strelets format are becoming increasingly uneconomical"....

This sounds more like they may never be produced. Hell, I'd pay 25% more for the set if it meant we got them sooner rather than later. There's no manufacturer, even in metals that have done ACW personalities on Foot. This is the last lot to complete the Generals sets for ACW and probably would be the most anticipated. I've preordered all the previous ACW sets and it would be a **** shame if this set didn't get produced.

Re: Re: STRELETS - I feel your pain !

Please just do the ACW Confederate Officers on foot and complete the set. Did I say PLEASE ?