Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Have retired from painting figures

Sorry to hear that you ran out of room for your figure collection Patrick.

How about getting rid of the old stuff and starting all over again? The new figures are nicer than the old ones anyway and have plastic that actually bends and keeps the paint.

I'd pay you 10 cent a figure with free pickup within 100 miles from Spokane for your collection. Let me know if you're interested.

Re: Re: Have retired from painting figures

My figures are worth a lot more than 10 cents a pop. If you want to pay 10 cents for a figure, go to a thrift store in Spokane and look for leftover Giant figures.

I pray you were kidding.....

10 cents a figure ???

I have been painting figures & statues for about 35 years now and actually perfected a way of painting plaster Greek Columns to look like authentic marble.

In 1988 I hand painted a 2 foot tall Carousel Horse for my former fiancee. The project involved puting on a dark coating first, painting the horse in a variey of carnival type colours, spraying on protective coating, then painting it with antiquing only to wipe it off. The antiquing fills in the crevices and gives it that old look. Lastly, I applied a special Cracking Varnish to give it that Antique Carousel Horse look complete with crackled paint.

Add to that my many hand painted 70mm soldiers that I gave away as gifts over the years. Each Napoleonic figure was thoroughly researched first through my extensive military library and any special attachments like musket straps & Shako cords were each made by hand.

10 cents indeed !!!

Re: 10 cents a figure ???

Hi Patrick,

I haven't seen any of your soldiers or Greek Columns yet. But I would love to see them. Why don't you post them for us?

I hope I didn't offend you, I just meant to help out with the space so you can continue collecting.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Swedish Infantry of Charles XII

Thank Peter, I'll have to give it a shot.
Is there anything like a spray primer???