Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I agree with all of Dave's choices.....

- 16th and 17th century soldiers (pikemen, harquebusiers, swordmen, cavalry, artillery) of different nations. Standard poses, but almost no uniforms, so there is lots of room for variety.

- Wars of Marlborough and Louis XIV
Interesting period that is not yet covered.

- French Revolution wars.

Re: I agree with all of Arlin's suggestions ...

Arlin makes a very good recommendation that ... "Mini-sets would lend themselves to be good staff/personality sets."

This way Staff sets could focus on the main, famously known personalities, and yet free-up the traditional Strelets*R 48+ figurine format sets for the armies in general - S*R Team's famously known all-encompassing poses.

Re: I agree withAriln and Dave's choices, as well as .....

the Levy Brothers.

new year suggestions

Dare I say it, but more Napoleonics for the miniboxes!
I'm not delving into the peculiarities of inaccurate sets that need to be remade (not my thing), but:

*Austrian Grenzer/frontier troops/Pandurs etc PLEASE!
*ANY Turkish infantry of the Napoleonic era
*Indian Mutiny: mutineers, British/Indian infantry
*Marathas Wars/Wellesley in India - there is so much demand to open up this hitherto untouched theatre. Think HEIC troops, Indian infantry and cavalry etc
*Napoleonic British line infantry (firing line/square/column)

And one 'never in a million years' suggestion - Norwegian/Swedish ski troops - have a look in the relevant Osprey book, these would be great! (though very fiddly to produce..)

I know we're not all Nap fans, but they do sell well - and anyone creating an Indian army would need a large quantity of figures...

Darren

Re: new year suggestions

Hi Darren,

very good ideas, sounds like a part from my wishlist. HAT is working on the Grenzers, so we can wait for it.

British infantry is not my favourite, in my eyes we have enough on the market.

As for you million years suggestion - I will send some nice photos to Strelets

cheers
Uwe

Re: Re: Suggestions !!! :-)

Happy New Year to Strelets and Forumni
I agree with Dave and Arlin
However I would like to see coverage of the Sudan Wars.
I am eager to see Strelets versions of camels.

STRELETS - Seige of Kars

Hey Strelets it would be really good to see the long (so very long)awaited and production displaced Turkish Infantry Crimean War.....plus other promised sets.
Have you at least a master figure we could
view ?

Re: STRELETS - Seige of Kars

Hank

I agree ... now that I almost have my Russian staff officers, winning the Crimea just isn't enough. And let's not forget the large numbers of British senior officers that served with the Ottoman forces.

As regards the Ottoman forces, you can include all sorts of tribals and lead into the Bulgarian Wars of Independance, which Russia can proudly claim to have supported.

Have a great day ... Frank

Re: Re: STRELETS - Nap. Polish Grenadiers

I do not ask much. Strelets-R opened for all of us doors we did not even dream of once to be 2,5 cm plastic soldiers.

The thing is we once got Napoleonic Polish Grenadiers together with the French foot dragoons. I would like to see a mini box of those Polish Grenadiers.

Re: Re: STRELETS - Seige of Kars

On the same wavelength there Frank.

General WF Williams despatches make quite good reading on the Seige(1855).It highlights Alot of importance was placed on despatch riders delivering the genrals messages.

Re: Re: Re: STRELETS - Seige of Kars

Hank

Yep, picked up the Official dispatches for Kars, Ladysmith and (55 days in)Peking at a discount bookstore. Lots of great ideas for both history and alternative histories ... dispatch a force based on a scant letter written a couple of weeks ago ... what is waiting for them?

Have a great day ... Frank

PS I don't mind civilians, even females pushing prams.