Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
crimean war

HELLO WILL STRELETS MAKE ANY SARDINEAN TROOPS FOR THERE CRIMEAN RANGE many thanks.x9f7

Re: crimean war

I know nothing of the Sardinian army of the period, but could Waterloo 1815 Bersgalieri be used??

Re: Re: crimean war

Waterloo 1815 Bersgalieri well EXCUSE ME WHILE I SPIT.

THE hATS ARE PATHETIC under scaled AND THESE ARE HARD FIGURES FOR THE PAINT TO ADHERE TO.

I advise you use conversions or sit it out for Strelets to make some decent ones.

Re: Re: Re: crimean war

Hi Hank,

what problem do you have with the Waterloo guys?
Beside the dancing flag-bearer they are looking not too bad for me.

I've painted them as Bersaglieri (the uniform can be used for the Crimea), Roumaninan light infantry for 1877 and without the feathers as Mexican imperial infantry in red.

cheers
Uwe

Re: Re: Re: Re: crimean war

They are even suitable for ACW as the 39th new york voluteers

Zsolt

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: crimean war

Thank you, Zsolt for the most interesting link! :-)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: crimean war

Hi Zsolt,

oh, ACW again

Forget your thoughts, the 39th New Yorkers had the old Piemontese uniform with Frock coat like in 1836 not the new one

Ok, guys especially the ACW freaks, proof me that I am wrong with this...

cheers
uwe

MEN WITHOUT HATS

the plastic lip on the hat is too small to paint hilight.Looks more like a bowler hat(chuckle).The feathered hat only at a certain angle resembles the hat which should have been stressed more as the main distinguyishing feature of the uniform but Its almost obscured.Paint disappointedly runs off...