Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re:

I'm not inclined to let manufacturers off simply because they have lines other than 1/72 figures. In other hobbies I am familiar with manufacurers have no difficulty in maintaining production scedules for multiple lines. This is not an activity where anyone makes huge profits. As a result there is an obvious tendency of manufacturers to try to minimize competition in the less popular eras. (As an example, read Strelets comments about their intended GNW Swedish guard set when Zvezda announced their GNW Swedes.) If certain manufacturers (GerMan for instance) had never announced that they were going to produce certain sets, we might see other manufacturers stepping in and making them.

There is a huge benefit to both manufacturers and consumers to have future production announcements. I understand that development problems can arise, and sometimes the market for an announced set is not what was anticipated. When that happens, and a manufacturer puts a project on hold, it sould come forward and say so. Keep me informed when you are developing the line, and keep me informed when you decide to slow it down.

Re: Re:

All you say is true. I would suggest that anyone, manufacturer or other, would take these sorts of future production list in their real world context. At the rate BUM and GerMan produce sets many could be 5 or more years down the line. If Strelets decided to make some Egyptian campaign figures they would probably be able to produce and sell the whole batch before GerMan produced anything.

Another aspect is that such promises could encourage others to produce. People often say they would be more interested in subject X if a good range was available. Well if you know IMEX will be making some French/Indian War figures then that seems like encouragement for you to make matching sets. If you aim to deliver in 12 months or so then hopefully that won't be too far away from whenever IMEX deliver, then everyone is happy. Although Zvezda are surely never going to cover GNW like Strelets, the fact that they are contributing should be a boost for Strelets, whose figures will still be needed in large amounts for any proper game or diorama of that war.

Finally, I want to see my hobby grow. I don't want to deter companies from making figures just because they cant or wont produce large numbers each year. Gulliver only ever made 1 set, but in my view the hobby is a better one with that set than without, so to my mind all are welcome, quick or slow!

Re: Interesting

I guess I see it as a zero sum situation, and you see it differently. There is no reason why your model couldn't work, so lets hope that you are right and I am not.