Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
supply and demand/quiet on the forum

Me I'm still waiting for strelets to produce the intened Crimean War Infantry sets.Okay They have been put on the shelf and passed over by the WW1 Stampede of cavalry figures .they must have had obvious market demand for that but yes the WW1 gaps needed to be plugged.Airfix paved the way, but left the jobb incomplete compared to WW2 range.

The WW1 battle options for collectors are now massive due to strelets identifying the market. But I stick obstinately to my sizeable crimean war plan collection.

Well this forum is quiet we're missing some sterling input people. I have been monitoring it for a couple of weeks(bring back the Dubio kid ..he'd set it alight again chuckel)

Reply to Bill

Dear Bill,

Without any malice, as I stated I already have figures that cover more than 100 armies and this is without collecting any post WWI. Of the eras that you and Arlin have mentioned basically are all the minor wars of the 19th century. You cannot include Renaissance in your list since I already have some armies started for the Italian Wars, TYW, ECW,Eastern European and Japanese.

In your own mail you mention if this idea had been voiced 30 years ago etc.. But I am not talking of 30 years ago I am talking of now. So in my eras that need to be expanded upon we already have the GNW, Crimea, Biblical eras, Trojan Wars etc..

I also like to see old sets expanded on, I am looking forward to getting hold of the Red Box Picts to add to my Hat figures. I believe that this is an example where a new company has seen a need in the market and produced their set without crossbow men since Hat already included them.

Finally, I cannot agree with you that the "logical extreme" would lead to multiple boxes of Napoleonic Polish Lancers. How could this be a logical end to filling the gaps in what must be close to 150 armies already in production.

If companies have not released figures for the small wars of the 19 century maybe its because they see small profits.

However, missing important troop types from armies that are not easily convertible due to peculiarities of the uniform or headdress (for example 18 century German Fusiliers for SYW, AWI) is frustrating.

Best regards,

Malcolm