Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Plastic Colour

Is this approach valid irrespective of time period covered? You know, that major colours could vary in time. We had this dilemma with our WWI Russians.
Regards,

Strelets-R

Re: Re: Re: Plastic Colour

Please reread my previous mail. The fact is that although different nations were enemies they often fielded men uniformed in the same colour. For 18th century Europe Britain, France, Spain and most of the German states fielded artillery dressed in dark blue with red facings. Only the woodwork of the artillery pieces were different colours. If you want all arms of each nation in 1 uniform colour then play Risk and leave the serious historical miniature enthusiasts to enjoy a true mix of colours in each army. Also give painting a try I for one hate green, red, blue etc horses.

Best regards,

Malcolm

Re: Re: Plastic Colour

I was born in 1961 so remember well the Airfix sets. I remember hat their Napoleonic French Imperial Guard were an instnat favourite of mine partly because they were made in grey. Their other excellent set were the Prussian Landwerh produced in a Prussian blue. It is such a shame that these two sets were made underscale.

Best regards,

Malcolm

Re: Plastic Colour

Malcolm, I'm very inclined towards your opinion on
this.