Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Strelets Russian General Staff (CRIMEA) AND HOSPITAL SET

Sounds Nice Yuri but yet another leap frog

So do we believe these will appear or beleap frogged (no doubt by some cavalry set) also.

When you post a set that doesnt procure,we will stop expecting. (Neverland stuff) This is getting a little old now and,it seems like disrespect to customers.

Just be open with us collectors and we will understand whats going on.Strelets is Russian General Staff/Hospital Set I welcome but would rather have seen prior announced sets produced.2 year is along time. Turkish Infantry have been up for a year so ....getting close to production ?

Re: Strelets Russian General Staff (CRIMEA) AND HOSPITAL SET

Hank,

I can understand your frustration because I too desperately want the Crimean range to be completed. With that said, I think you should cut Strelets some slack. If not, then count on me to defend them. They have cranked out quite a few sets of late and I'm sure their marketing and production is based on sound business decisions. They don't have to justify every decision to the forum. Bear in mind that there comes a point when relentless complaining falls on deaf ears.

Re: Re: Strelets Russian General Staff (CRIMEA) AND HOSPITAL SET

Nice idea for a set to come out around Christmas / New Year. Might appeal to parents who are unhappy about the 'war toys' thing.

Re: Re: Re: Strelets Russian General Staff (CRIMEA) AND HOSPITAL SET

I am very much looking forward to the upcoming 051-Crimean Russian General Staff and Hospital set. By the title of it, this should be a very useful and welcome set. Great news!

And also for a December 2006 release, I'm hoping for the 053-Highlanders 1898-1902.

Again, thanks for the great news!

Tolstoy says thanks

Dear Strelets
Excellent news. I believe many of the Russian General staff were photographed but the photos were lost, destroyed or they were photographed after the war. I have seen a reproduction of one of Prince Gorchakov. The drawings and prints of others are very life like and often look as if they come from photos.
Admiral Kornilov is going to have some friends at a last and I hope the general staff includes some naval types.
Not sure whether you mean a Russian hospital set with the Sisters of Mercy and one for the Allies as a seperate set at a later date with FN.
Time and masters will reveal all.

Re: Tolstoy says thanks

Dear David,

the set will be released as a "big box" accompanied by 3 older sets.
It will contain several top command personalities plus count Tolstoy, Dr.Pirogov, Darya Sevastopolskaya and some generic officers, mounted ADCs, etc.

Best regards,

Strelets-R

So does Darya

Dear Strelets
Glad you have included Darya Sevastopolskaya, a brave woman but there were probably many more like her who do not get mentioned such was the heroic defence of Sevastopol.
When you do the British.
The British equivalent of Darya should be Mary Seacole although older (Mary was in her early 50s)than Darya she was very much involved in battlefield aid. There is a portrait and a head & shoulders sculpture of her. Her features have more of her mother's Creole than her father's Scottishness.

I look forward to this Russian set it will make the basis of some fine dioramas.

Re: Strelets Russian General Staff (CRIMEA) AND HOSPITAL SET

i hope to see allied staff lodr raglan etc and a separate hospital set

Re: Re: Strelets Russian General Staff (CRIMEA) AND HOSPITAL SET

Dear Kert,

the suggested sets may be interesting for the collectors, however hardly interesting for the overwhelming majority of the other buyers, therefore it doesn't make sence to produce two separate sets that aren't popular. We want to make a command set for the allies but most probably it will be combined with the hospital.
Best regards,

Strelets-R

Re: Re: Re: Strelets Russian General Staff (CRIMEA) AND HOSPITAL SET

Dear Strelets,

should an allied general staff and hospital come out, please-please include Roger Fenton, one or two assistents, a camera and maybe a mule drawn photo-lab. That wolud be very nice. And also, put some additional colour sargents or ensigns in it carrying a flag.

Bye
Zsolt