Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Zvezda Strelets and Strelets strelets

Dear Strelets,

what would you think about Polish infantry to have some other enemies for the Strelizty? They would be a good addition to Harons horsemen.

cheers
uwe

Strelets strelets

Dear Strelets
Thanks for your reply.
Unless Zvezda change their policy they are not likely to do a set with lots of poses in them so Strelets*R strelets are always going to be welcome. Of course, as you know, the peasant levies would do for a broad period.
At least I have enough to start with.

I know Orion/Haron has some excellent 17th c. Cossack masters ready to be done. Maybe Haron could be prodded with a sharp stick.

Uwe's suggestion of Polish infantry is an excellent one and additionally could go well with 30 Years War stuff.

With Zvezda's wooden forts and Pegasus's log cabins, a fairly complete set up emerges.

I must admit my enthusiasm for this period stems from the computer game "Cossacks". This sold 2.5 million copies in 2004 so there must be a lot of people out there who want to "flesh" it out. The new Cossacks II Napoleonic Wars
web site- http://www.cossacks.com
looks amazing it will probably take people away from Nappy modelling to start with then bring them back in their millions.

Re: Strelets strelets

He David, my interest for this period was born too while playing Cossacks. I will join Uwe in his suggestion for Polish infantry. (A nice job fot Strelets perhaps? BTW, a Peasant levy set sounds good..)
Cheers,
Christiaan

Re: Re: Strelets strelets

Dear Christian

Yes I got the European Wars one afterwards. I wish they would go back to the first one with the new graphics and game engine that they have on the new Napoleonic version.
Vityazes,Serdiuks,Pandurs,Roundshiers would be great in plastic as well.

Re: Re: Re: Strelets strelets

Hi friends,

to cheer you up for this period there are some very good made Polish films. Don't ask me for the original Polish titles... It is a three part series, two of them ware made in the 70ies and the last one some years ago.

War against against the Swedes
War against the Turks

The latest one "Fire and Sword" is fighting against the Cossacks with a lot of good fighting szenes. Polish troops with German mercenary artillery against the Cossacks and some Tatars. A very good movie!!

cheers
Uwe