Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Russio-Japanese War

Dear Strelets*R,

Many of your supporters would like you and the S*R Team to keep the Russio-Japanese War in the round-table discussions for future sets. We are very excited for them to appear. And we will wait, but keep reminding you - Thank you!

Dear David O'B,

Am I starting to sound like I'm speaking Japanese-English again? ... you know ... the future tense thing ... golly I hate grammar! Cheers Mate!

Russian expansion in the east

Dear Dave

I agree.

Strelets - have courage develop your ranges.

WWI Eastern front infantry + artillery
Russo-Jap War
Russian Civil war
GNW
Russian Medieval warriors
17th century Russian warriors

I thought Caesar Miniatures were going to concentrate on Oriental/Far Eastern ranges but after 13 Ancient Middle Eastern sets gazumpin Russo-Jap War and Hsiung Nu maybe the clue is in the name. In my huge Dorling Kindersley book entitled "Battle" there are a couple of pages (about the same as the English Civil war) dedicated to the Chinese Qing (pronounced ching) dynasty campaigns in the 17th century. These included battles against the Dutch and the Russians. The Qing/Manchu warriors would make wonderful figures sculpted by Chinese, made in China and authentic. Passed opportunity?

Re: Russio-Japanese War

Hey Dave,

and we should check our uniform-material for this war. Maybe we can help each other out here too.

cheers
Uwe

Re: Russian history

Dear Uwe,

we were considering some of the conflicts that you have mentioned. Especially we are interested in 7YW. Well may be, we will make some sets in 2007-8. However some may complain that we are going in another area before completing the existing ranges (though how can you complete any range at all, just have a look at WWII?).
Best regards,

Strelets-R

Re: Re: Russian history

WWII? Russian Engeneers Please.

Re: Re: Russian history

Dear Strelets,

that is good news for me. Oh yes, to cover a complete war is very difficult.

As for the Russo-Japanese war I could give you another parcel of uniform-plates. If Caesar wants to make a set for the Russian infantry I am wondering which of the dozens of different uniforms they want to show. So there is much need for more figures!

In case you need material for other troops please ask and I will search through my collection.

cheers
Uwe