Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
And finally...Strelets WWI range

While I don't collect WW1 (with a couple of exceptions - you know how it is) I do like the look of the cavalry ranges. They remind me of what I think would be a good range for the Strelets format. I know that Caesar are planning Chinese Civil War, and we've already had the RCW Red Cavalry, but something like the Copplestone Back of Beyond range (link below) would seem a nice progression for Strelets WW1 sculptor, with plenty of opportunity for individual expressions, clothing and weaponry. More so than he more regular uniformed armies anyway. If I were new to collecting, or didn't mind about incompatibility of figures, I might well have gone for some of his stuff - even the pumpkin-sized heads and huge hands, bazooka thickness rifles etc don't seem too bad...

How about you all - yet another area waiting to be done, or another diversion from finishing our favourite ranges?
http://www.copplestonecastings.co.uk/range.php?range=BOB

One more observation: Strelets stated that most sales occur as soon as a set comes out - true, but if fewer sets appeared I may buy more of the existing ones. As it is I have long since failed to keep up with the new releases. Almost nostalgic for the bad old days of 1990s - at least I managed to paint them all then. (Only joking!)

Re: And finally...Strelets WWI range

Hi Jon,

this copplestone figures are 28mm? I haven't found a description of the scale on their homepage, but they are looking like bigger ones.

Chinese Civilwar or Indian infantry is a nice range!

cheers
Uwe

Copplestone ranges

Dear Jon

They are excellent figures.
White metal has its limitations but the BOB range are inspirational even down to personality figures. BU41 is a great set.

PS I like the XMAS1 Evil Snowmen