Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Artillery Sets

As long as producers like HaT provide us with the rolling material and ammo caissons etc - and I hope they, or some other will give a follow up that includes also other armies - then producers can concentrate on more variety with respect to gunners' poses. For a diorama-builder, variety of poses is essential. What we usually get, with a few exeptions, is a repetition of the same 4-6 figures manning a gun. No gunners defending themselves against e.g. a cavalry attack, no casualties (a deficiency for most sets). I once suggested that Strelets produce a set of Russian gunners defending themselves against the attack by Saxon, Polish, Wuertemberg cavalry in the Raevsky redoubt at Borodino. It was just one example of many I could give that would provide the diorama builder with lots of potential to produce dramatic scenes. In short, if some manufacturer provides us with the hardware, others - e.g. Strelets, can concentrate on giving us variety in poses.

I like both sets (better than the Airfix limber!). However, since the horses appear to be interchangable, I wish Zvezda and/or HAT would've made one team staionary and one team in motion. It would've given more flexibilty to diorama builders. I don't know if it matters to wargamers.

Re: Artillery Sets

Well one of the most exciting ways i play with my artillery is racing the guns into action after an ambush or racing to get them away from the enemy covering a retreat etc.

Therefore i like the sets with the limbers.
But manufacturers make the teamsters so wooden, a bit more urgency please. Be great to see a 1/72nd artillery set with Brit Pith helmets (or egyptian/turkish fez) ,sure would spice things up.

i think there's a need for both 'action' and 'static' poses in all branches of a miniature army. static poses make excellent reserve formations for wargamers.