Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Les Invalides

In 2003 I could take photos without a problem. Is this interdiction new?

Re: Re: Re: Les Invalides

Dont know if it is new. I went in 2004 and a staff member stopped me from taking photos with flash. The displays are too dark without flash so that was that!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Les Invalides

On summer 2005, I could take many photographs without flash, I used 400 or 800 ASA films (don't remember) on purpose, and all of them came out perfect.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Les Invalides

Yes take 800 or 1200 Asa, or take an electronical camera, even better.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Les Invalides

Hi guys

My camera is digital, and while it has a lot of settings I dont know what most of them do . You are right - I should take the time to learn how to take pictures in poor light conditions. Excuse enough for another trip to Paris

Les Invalides and other museums

A big part of the problem is that many museums really aren't set up to shoot well. Often times you can't back up far enough to get everything into the picture (or you have to back up too far and get something else in the way) unless you have the right lens. Also exhibits behind glass frequently have too much glare. And of course sometimes the exhibits are displayed in a way that is is difficult to get unobstructed shots. IIRC (its been a couple of decades), my problem at Les Invalides was that the flags were hung too close together to photograph individual ones. With CD technology it ought to be possible for museums to sell photos of their complete collections at relatively little cost to themselves.

Re: Les Invalides and other museums

It should be - but sometimes I have the feeling that here in Europe most staff is just there not to be helpfull but just wait for their pension.