Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: to Strelets: ACW Generals?

have a look to the contributions....

Re: Re: to Strelets: ACW Generals?

Actually, they of course showed up at my favorite ebay toy soldier seller today! I had my doubts when he listed all the colonial sets yesterday.

Re: Re: Re: to Strelets: ACW Generals?

Considering they are American Civil War figures, I don't find any US firm that has them as yet.

Re: Re: Re: Re: to Strelets: ACW Generals?

Michigan Toy Soldier Co. has had them for several weeks now. I bought my sets a month ago, and will probably buy more for conversions. Very nice sets.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: to Strelets: ACW Generals?

BTW, on the back of the Strelets box, the figure next to Abe Lincoln (running with his head turned aside) is listed as "Ryan ADC". I don't know the person or his background, but he belongs next to "Col. Ryan (New York)". "Col. Ryan" is actually Colonel Curran.

Both are taken from the Don Troiani painting "Excelsior", depicting the 140th N.Y. Zouaves charging across Saunder's Field at the Battle of the Wilderness.

Here is a good link of the painting:

http://www.historicalimagebank.com/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album05&id=Excelsior

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: to Strelets: ACW Generals?

bert...i'm still waiting for the ACW generals to make it to my dealers too. so i might see them before september, maybe. incidentally i've had the italieri ARW indians on back order now for four months. why is it so hard to acquire that set in America? i'm a patient man, (i have to be or i couldn't paint figures) but has anyone else experienced problems getting the mohawks? did they make just ten boxes or something?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: to Strelets: ACW Generals?

I unpacked the ACW Generals yesterday. I think these sets are an absolute MUST HAVE for any serious collector. Beautiful figures, congrats to the Strelets team!!!