Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Favourite plastic figure -Airfix WW1...

iTS A CLOSE RUN THING.

1st.Airfix ww1 french soldier on a bicycle
2nd.Airfix ww1 British Infantry Medic
3rd.Airfix ww1 German officer with hands in pocket.
C'est la guerre mon ami !

Re: Re: Favourite plastic figure -Airfix WW1...

Mine has to the Airfix WW2 Australian firing the Thompson whilst charging forward.

Full of character!

Re: Re: Re: Favourite plastic figure

My favorite Cavalry figure comes from the Strelets*R Crimean War 17th Lancers, my favorite mounted set:

* The "ring-hand" officer looking back over his left shoulder encouraging his men on - His face has "chops" for sideburns and a "handlebar" mustache - the whole set is awesome.

My favorite Infantry figure comes from the Strelets*R Boer Infantry set:

* Boer Regular (real soldier) pointing with right hand, wearing stetson german style, super detailed bandolier, binocliars case and holstered pistol - again, the whole set is awesome!

Thanks for asking

Re: P.S.

The sculptor who made the boer war infantry and cavalry would be perfect for making the Alamo Defenders. The details for the Boer Mounted man (and all the others) wearing the top-hat would fit in perfectly with the many famous people who defended the Alamo.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite plastic figure

I think mine has to be Revell man loading in shirt sleeves for foot and Italeri carbinier with carbine resting on upper arm firing but there's so many good ones its very hard to choose just one

airfix guard grenadier officer

That guard grenadier officer that's waving with it's sabre while attacking the enemy: he looks so furious!
Also the matchbox british commando running and shooting his thompson from his hip.
When I was a boy i always was him.
Some years ago we had this discussion too on Orion forum, and although many sets richer meanwhile, my youth favourites haven't changed.

Re: airfix guard grenadier officer

my favorite cavalry pose is the old airfix french currassier dismounted holding his horse by the reins. the esci one was cool too. favorite infantry pose? i used to love the airfix ww2 german officer firng a walther p-38. he was the arch villain in my wargames for so many years. (we kids shamelessly played out b-movies and westerns on our tables of course, but oh what fun we had.)

my favourite plaggy figures in the universe of all time ever?

Dear forumeers
Too many to choose from now. 10 yrs ago it would have been easy peasy.
Anyway:
Zvezda's head honcho Jap (taisho) in the Samurai HQ set is a gem.

Orion's woman with child in the Boxer set. Look at it with a magnifying glass.

The Imex figures in the Pilgrims, Eastern Friendly Indians etc. The same sculptor, I think, in all these sets. Can't choose. dib,dib dob- OK then the hunter figure with the antlers EFI.

Strelets Crimean War Balalaika playing Russian sailor and their jester from 071. If pushed I will go for the jester. Reminds me of the late great Marty Feldman. Pity there is only one in the set maybe Alexandre or Robert the Bruce could have one in their sets, only one though not an army of them Odemar's style.

In the far distant past. The Airfix WW1 surrendering German. "Handy hock Fritz" the Tommy shouts. For this little plastic German the war is over.

Pegasus to my mind has produced some wonderful individual figures but the US Rangers is a tour de force. My collective award for favourite cohesive group of figures goes to this remarkable set and those figures on the sand embankment. Pity about the bendy, hard to glue, smelly plastic.

Re: Favourite plastic figure

Great question that's really got me thinking.

Revell
30 years war arty
Possibly man firing with left arm extended and holding his hat. Such fluidity.

Expect me to offer other contributions to this thread though.

The officer from ancient Greek infantry, Zvezda 8005. PSR says modelled on a bronze statue of a Spartan officer. The whole set of the hoplite army is gorgeous, close to the best detail of any set IMHO.

The flagbearer in the recent Zveda Napoleonic Russian grenadiers.

Any maybe not a great figure, but utterly indespensible for your Napoleonic army, the emperor himself on horseback from Italeri French imperial staff. Paul.

To paul

Yes, that officer is based on a very well known statue of an Spartan officer.
Only this statue is holding both his arms under his cloak, not pointing orso as the zvezda one.
Very nice.
Also the kneeling hoplite one is very dramatic: defending himself while lokking upwards.
Regards
marc

Re: To paul

Marc

Thanx for info.

Gartlym: Agree with all. We are spolit for choice in Napoleonics.

Hmmm... Revell US Marines, the one waving for the squad to follow. Revell (modern) german paratroops, the one reloading a granatpistole (pretty dinamic pose to me, not a standart one at that).

Re: Re: Favourite plastic figure

Revell Life Guard trumpeter, along with the fellow just sitting on his horse. And just about any from their Garde Chasseurs set. And the Chasseur in the French Staff set of Italeri. And the Revell Prussian infantry drummer.