Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
animals!

Nikolai do some great animals like camels and horses, but the trouble is they are resin, so quite easy to break, and pricey. Something similar but in plastic would be great. Bareback horses and seperate saddles so you could add whatever arrangement of cloth etc you wanted. Suddenly no type of horse would be unavailable. Camels too. A few cows for on the hoof food would be good too.

Re: To Strelets: Business Plan vs Retirement Plan

Dear Strelets

Like many others I cannot believe that you would be seriously comtemplating "retirement". Andreas has hit the nail on the head completely.

You make a difference to the industry, with a format nobody else can yet touch and you have a loyal and expanding fan/customer base.
My advice, for what it is worth, is stay alive doing what you do now and if you need to go over older, poorly covered, ground by other manufacturers.

As has been seen by some more recent efforts by other companies, they are having to cut corners and quality to get their product out in the market. Totally the wrong approach!!!! and hopefully this will reflect in their sales.

New ground to cover???? Pure bias but how about
out of the south pacific - The New Zealand Wars of the Nineteenth Century, in fact spanned most of the century.

animal - species, phylum or habitat

Dear all

Preiser do a good range of animals but not in our scale.
But any manufacturer could look at them at get an idea of the scope.

There are a lot animals lurking in odd sets like the mastiffs in the Revell Conquistadors, turkeys in Imex's Pilgrims.
Sets could be for instance - Primates
or by habitat
Animals of tropical jungles

Animals and ruined buildings -rats, crows, wild dogs

They would be very attractive and could appeal to a wide audience.

Cleopatra would be difficult but the Asp could easily be made out of green stuff or Miliput. With mm creep we would probably get a python from certain mnufacturers.

Re: To Strelets: Business Plan vs Retirement Plan

Dear Andreas,

don't get us wrong: we won't be able to retire for the next quarter of a century as one of us just celebrated his 40th aniversary 3 days ago and another is going to in a couple of months' time.
What we meant was just that with the present production rate very soon the producers will face the challenge of finding the commerciably viable themes.
Many thanks for your suggestions any way.

Best regards,

Strelets-R

Re: Re: To Strelets: Business Plan vs Retirement Plan

Good to hear that you don't want to retire. In my opinion your figures become better and better. The Boers range is really good (the guys with the dynamite are awesome). Hope the Highlanders will be also so good. Maybe sometimes I will see my wishlist in your future production range.