Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Crimean War British Hussars

I agree with this.

I see no reason why you shouldn't make the hussars.
Didn't you refuse to make ECW figures a few topics ago, argumenting that it would look much better if one manufacturer made all the figures? So why not make the hussars then?

The emhar figures look great, no doubt but so do the strelets sets (so a fan certainly wants both). But the last look far the best standing among the other strelets crimean sets.

The emhar figures can be used to add some extra poses to the strelets set, which is the best set to use as the basic for each regiment. Please don't change that.

Crimean War British Hussars - reasons for

Dear All

Napoleonic French foot Artillery- Airfix did that so don't touch.
Zvezda have done them - thank goodness for the Airfix ones were poor.

Every company brings a new interpretation to figures; their own style, poses, emphasis and so on (eeek scale sometimes). A company like Zvezda know their strengths and so jump in.

Emhar Crimean Brit Hussars 2 poses and 5 figs. Cardigan's own boys, his cherry bums literally look a bit thin when mixed in with the Strelets heavies. I suppose to add insult to injury we could use the wholly inaccurate Esci/Italeri Hussars as they did it first so don't expect any more. If they have been done twice before then never!never! never!.. well hardly ever.
Is it scruples or ***** marketing? Not sure.

To salve a troubled conscience they could be the 11th Hussars or the 8th depending on which the Emhar and Esci ones are. The 8th Hussars had dark blue trousers. The one on the Emhar box is of the 11th Hussars.

Inconsistency? - several companies made indifferent sets of US Indian Wars Cavalry but this did not stop Strelets coming along and bettering them. Collectors of these were very pleased and wait for Apaches and others.

Dominic
By the way Dominic I am not sure of the country you live in but Games Workshops in the UK are always full of youngsters prepared to rest their thumbs and carpel tunnels from their normal XBox, PS2 and push bits o'plastic and metal around. There lies the vast untapped market of the future and proves that this isn't just an "old man's" hobby.

bravenet unusual censoring

Dear Forummeers
The word I used is five letters begins with QU and ends in R and has EE in the middle meaning unusual or strange.
Sensitivities strike again. Oxford English Dictionary better now delete that word.

Re: bravenet unusual censoring

Dear All

The automatic removal of words in this forum is provided by our host, Bravenet. We have no control over which words are filtered, only over whether the filter is applied or not. Our apologies if a perfectly innocent word is removed unjustly, but we hope you agree that it is better to have this filter, however imperfect, than to risk inappropriate language on the forum.

Webmaster

Strelets-R ...Russian Civil war

Red Army-
Latvian guard
Red navy
Red cossacs
Red Infantry(in summer/winter uniforms
Red artillery
White army
White navy
White cossacs
White Infantry(in summer/winter uniforms