Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.
There's such a wide range, its hard to know where to start. Maybe three isn't enough. Since you seem to have meant general periods, my three would be
3) WWI/Modern (that's my can't decide )
There's more of course, but I'll keep it to those three, as that's about what my budget can realistically handle, given the industry's current output of sets. All three periods, also have great potential for navy sets too.
Excellent point mostly overlooked, Andrew, we need more Navy/Naval battle sets. I'd love some "Landing Party" poses to go with action poses manning the guns.
1.- Spanish tercios
2.- Spanish civil War
3.- Colonial campaigns of the nineteen century
I would say, I have the same ideas as Arlin. Good choice.
Colonial campaigns sounds the most wanted. Maybe early colonials too - Wellington in India for example.
1. Napoleonic armies,
2. 18th century, Prussia and the smaller german states
3. Medieval or WW2, can't deccide
BTW, I don't have colonials myself yet, but it seemed tha I gonning to buy the Strelets Boers, the are just great! (see them at PSR.net)
3. Thirty Years War
Ancients are quickly approaching with the release of the Ceaser and Hat sets. Don't do Colonial, but WWI is starting to peak my interest. Have mercy on my budget and game room.
DUe to the beauty of the uniforms, especially on well painted figures my three are:
1. British in the 1768 clothing regulations.
2. Late 19th century British in red jackets (Zulu war period 1879-1882).
3. 3rd Crusade, Robin Hood/Ivanhoe
1. British Colonial Armies (All - Sudan, Zulu, Boer, Boxer Rebellion ... ) and I'm VERY excited to finally be able to recruit more soldiers to my army. Strelets rock!
2. WW2 - and looking forward to putting my hands on those new Orion paratroopers, also can't wait for Armorfast's Hanomag and Stug to support my vast numbers of German Infantry. Also I've stocked up on Cromwell tanks from Forces of Valor - believe it or not, they're less than $8 at Target.
3. Ancients - although Hat has just disappointments in store for this era - Coates & shines is worse than LW , I'm looking forward to Caesar's and Lucky toy's figures.
4. Can't get enough of 17. and 18. century figures.
You must either have stocked up on Conquistadors years ago, or like me you are waiting to see what Caeser releases.
I am not bothered as long as they are imaginative and well sculpted and give me joy.
Some -"Heart of Darkness" type Africans from up the Congo
Some - French or other 18th cent citizens revolting and not so revolting.
Some - more Mongols
Some - more Indians from India (not in uniform) of the 18th/19th c.
wouldn't go amiss.
I feel a bit like Christopher Robin
2. 7 Years Wars (& 30 YW too)
Everything sounds good to me. But I think you often refer to periods still manufactured by several companies. Because I'm posting here at the strelets forum I think it's the right place to name some periods which fit perfectly to the multifigure (more than 40 different figures)range of strelets. They would be fantastic for skirmish games:
1) French and Indian War (all parties)
2) Mogadischu 1993 (a complete Black Hawk Down range)
3) Legends of the old west (different cowboy, desperado, mexican, lawmen etc. posses)