Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
German Hussars 1914-18?

Re: German/Austrian/Russian Hussars 1914-18: I think they could be used for all.

Re: Re: German/Austrian/Russian Hussars 1914-18: I think they could be used for all.

I'm not too up on Russian cavalry, but I thought, bar Cossacks, they wore pretty much the infantry uniform - cap and blouse.

Re: Re: Re: German/Austrian/Russian Hussars 1914-18: I think they could be used for all.

Definetely german: Fur busbys with cover (officers wore no cover), lances. Russian hussars had peaked caps (like infantry), austrian cavalry had no lances in ww1.

It would have been nice, if there were some dismounted poses as well, pure cavalry clashes were quite rare - anyway one can use the fighting poses against (routed)enemy infantry or artillery (note: illustrations from ww1 with cav in action using sabres and lances are inaccurate)

Re: Re: Re: Re: German/Austrian/Russian Hussars 1914-18: I think they could be used for all.

Looked at my Osprey book, indeed they are definetely German

S*R Team, More Dismounted Figurines in Your Cavalry Sets ...

Dear Schu,

Excellent point:

"It would have been nice, if there were some dismounted poses as well, pure cavalry clashes were quite rare."

... Especially about the latest of the modern Cavalry units, by WWI, they would fight mostly dismounted from behind cover, not out in the open as the maxim and other superior weapons took effect.

Please, S*R Team, more dismounted troopers in your sets!

Thanks Gentlemen!

Re: S*R Team, More Dismounted Figurines in Your Cavalry Sets ...

I agre with Dave and Schu, dismounted figures would be nice but the first engagment between British and German troops (or something like that) was Hussars vs British Dragoons involving German lances and British swords.

Re: Re: S*R Team, More Dismounted Figurines in Your Cavalry Sets ...

Hi Harry,

Really? Are the German lances and British swords you mention represented by the new S*R sets to come out next, or can you suggest which ones should be made next.

Thanks!

Re: Re: Re: S*R Team, More Dismounted Figurines in Your Cavalry Sets ...

The "supposed" German Hussars can be used as I believe that they were Hussars with lances, so S*R have the right troops, can't think about the Brit Dragoons though I'm afraid. They are the ones that need to made next.

Hope this is the answer to your question.