Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Boer artillery?

Hi friends,

what would you say about having three or four uniformed boer artillerymen in the set? Maybe some uniformed boers too, as there was existed a small regular police troop. Too less for a full set, but useful in addition to the others.

cheers
uwe

Re: Boer artillery?

I am very much in favour of your idea of Artillery, but would have to include plenty of pom poms, long tom and machine guns, And the Police troop is also a good idea.

Boer artillery and RN too

Dear all

Boer artillery was important for the set piece battles like Spion Kop when it proved so devastating.
The quick firers added a 20th century dimension to the Boer war which is one of its attractions from a wargaming point of view as it is like a mix of two periods.
There is a Boer war pom pom gun in a park in Plymouth. A local historian told me about it as I assumed it had come off a destroyer or some other warship. It was stuck in the middle of a small park like a kids roundabout and as I said at the time there can't be many of those left.
See web site below

http://www.plymouthdata.info/Memorial-HMS%20Doris.htm

I suppose after reading this I must add Royal Navy types are also a must as they were a big contingent.

Re: Boer artillery and RN too

Hi David,

Royal navy would be not only important for the Boer-war. I am dreaming about seing a navy team with a gatling or a gardener gun, fighting the Derwishes..

cheers
Uwe

Re: Boer artillery?

Check out my Scratch build pom-pom gun. Last battle my boers captured it from a British convoy (article only in German and Hungarian, pictures on the right side): Wars in South Africa on wargame.hu

Have a nice day!
Zsolt