Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Emhar Saxon shields

surely the point is the bendy plastic means you can have the shields facing whatever way you like?

Re: The best set of the year?

Greeting from Estonia .My ultimate favout set is ...
Zvezda's French Old Guard - i bougth this set 5 box.second is the ultimate ITALERY Indians 8 box
third place is Strelets*R British Lancers 5box and Orion Roman siege troops 5 box .THEY are absolutley superb sets.I recomend those to all.

Re: Re: The best set of the year?

Hi,

I just bought both the strelets napoleon's and allied staff sets and I am trully impressed by the detail, the usefullness?...They look far better than on PSR (where they looked great)

So on 1 strelets Napoleons general staff
2 strelets allied staff II
3 zvezda French grenadiers of the guard

Re: Re: Re: The best set of the year?

1) Strelets*R - 013 - Napoleon's General Staff
2) Zvezda - 8030 - French Imperial Old Guard
3) I wanted to say,Zvezda Samurai Cavalry Warriors because I bought them earlier this year but it seems they were first made in 2004.

To Strelets*R Team

Your fans and followers have spoken and there is no doubt that in addition to your super Crimean 17th Lancers, you have a huge Napoleonic Collectors base. These guys clearly have insatiable appetites for anything Napoleonic. Even I am getting swept up in the tide of enthusiasm for you to make more sets for us "Napoleonic Junkies" (Dear wife, just 1 more set and then I'm going to quit collecting cold turkey - I promise!) So, I will repeat myself, please consider giving us a fix of Napoleonic British Highlanders in Square Formation (as we all enjoyed debating a while ago) who should be repulsing your next set of French steel-plated Currasiers. Neither set has yet to be done up to your standards (Crimean Highlanders and Light and Heavy Cavalry sets). Thats my personal Napoleonic wish.

And to all of the Strelets*R Team (all sculptors, designers, researchers, and their wives and kids and pets) a heartfelt congratulations on meeting your incredibly ambitious and successful schedule of releases for 2005. Thank you!

Re: To Strelets*R Team

Thanks for your support, Dave!

And you got it right: I swallow anything Napoleonic.. even those rather weird casualties stuffs from MIR.. :)

Re: Re: To Strelets*R Team

Dear Andreas:

It is my pleasure to give you and the others my support. I have always been a Napoleon and Napoleonic Wars fan. Before coming to Japan in 1993, I read every book David Chandler (Head of the Department of War Studies at the Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst, at the time) wrote on him. I sheepishly admit, I am totally overwhelmed by the complexity of the Napoleonic Wars. But I love to study the man himself under a microscope - totally fascinating and totally eye-opening in daily practical advice. I recall, he said, "Plan your strategy 80%, but leave 20% to chance, for situations will always change." I came to Japan 80% prepared, just no job! That was my 20%. But it did work out. "Thank you my Napoleon. Super advice. What a guy! His echos still deliver winning strategies and freely bestow confidence into any person willing to read up on his legacy he left for us. Anyway, I'm getting excited now . . .

If you have the chance, find and read the book "The Military Maxims of Napoleon" by David Chandler. It is pocket-book size, but monumental in pleasure.

Best wishes to you

Re: To Strelets*R Team

Correct Dave,it seems the Napoleonic era is still the most popular era among collectors. Like the most of us all I would buy anything that wears the name Napoleonic. Some releases of essential units from the Waterloo campagne are very disappointing to me.
Do we have decent French Cuirassiers? Polish lancers in different poses? Scots Greys with bearskins? And what about the Prussian cavalry? Who likes the terrible sculpting of Häts Prussian Dragoons and Prusian Uhlans? For the same reason we need other sets of French Lancers and Line Chasseurs.
Recently the ultimate set of French Imperial Guard was given to us,but just another set of Chasseurs would be nice.
And last but not least never released but very wanted: Prussian Hussars and Belgian Carabineers.

Re: Re: To Strelets*R Team

Hi, Danny,
exactly. But with the current scope of production all these requests may well appear soon.
regards, donald

Re: Re: Re: To Strelets*R Team

Let's hope so,Donald.
Emhar's previeuws of Peninsular War are looking promising. I hope they do more Napoleonic.
Till so far I didn't bought any set of Emhar but after seeing the painted Vikings on Plastic Soldier Revieuw....wow,they look so great.

Napoleonics

Dear all
In addition to 1/72nd scale plastic the Napoleonic period has been well catered for in metal (all scales just about) and diorama/competition models in 1/35th (and larger) resin, metal and plastic.

I wonder how many people collect figures of different media and scales, other than 1/72nd, but loyal to the Napoleonic period?

I pose this question because somebody used the term insatiable but this could be because nobody has attempted to define the 1/72 plastic figure "appetite". Are the appetites that of the gastronome or gourmet or both combined?

On the face of it when you look at the Napoleonic period on PSR there are lots of offerings but for example when you look at the figure comparisons of French Line Infantry there seems to be nothing for 1815 or none in overcoats. It almost needs a ground up stock take is what is needed to help satiate the appetite.
More, more seems to be the cry but shouldn't we also help and offer advice to manufacturers to upgrade and fill the glaring gaps in plastic figures for the Napoleonic period as well.