Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.
Thanks for your support, Dave!
And you got it right: I swallow anything Napoleonic.. even those rather weird casualties stuffs from MIR.. :)
It is my pleasure to give you and the others my support. I have always been a Napoleon and Napoleonic Wars fan. Before coming to Japan in 1993, I read every book David Chandler (Head of the Department of War Studies at the Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst, at the time) wrote on him. I sheepishly admit, I am totally overwhelmed by the complexity of the Napoleonic Wars. But I love to study the man himself under a microscope - totally fascinating and totally eye-opening in daily practical advice. I recall, he said, "Plan your strategy 80%, but leave 20% to chance, for situations will always change." I came to Japan 80% prepared, just no job! That was my 20%. But it did work out. "Thank you my Napoleon. Super advice. What a guy! His echos still deliver winning strategies and freely bestow confidence into any person willing to read up on his legacy he left for us. Anyway, I'm getting excited now . . .
If you have the chance, find and read the book "The Military Maxims of Napoleon" by David Chandler. It is pocket-book size, but monumental in pleasure.
Best wishes to you
Correct Dave,it seems the Napoleonic era is still the most popular era among collectors. Like the most of us all I would buy anything that wears the name Napoleonic. Some releases of essential units from the Waterloo campagne are very disappointing to me.
Do we have decent French Cuirassiers? Polish lancers in different poses? Scots Greys with bearskins? And what about the Prussian cavalry? Who likes the terrible sculpting of Häts Prussian Dragoons and Prusian Uhlans? For the same reason we need other sets of French Lancers and Line Chasseurs.
Recently the ultimate set of French Imperial Guard was given to us,but just another set of Chasseurs would be nice.
And last but not least never released but very wanted: Prussian Hussars and Belgian Carabineers.
exactly. But with the current scope of production all these requests may well appear soon.
Let's hope so,Donald.
Emhar's previeuws of Peninsular War are looking promising. I hope they do more Napoleonic.
Till so far I didn't bought any set of Emhar but after seeing the painted Vikings on Plastic Soldier Revieuw....wow,they look so great.
In addition to 1/72nd scale plastic the Napoleonic period has been well catered for in metal (all scales just about) and diorama/competition models in 1/35th (and larger) resin, metal and plastic.
I wonder how many people collect figures of different media and scales, other than 1/72nd, but loyal to the Napoleonic period?
I pose this question because somebody used the term insatiable but this could be because nobody has attempted to define the 1/72 plastic figure "appetite". Are the appetites that of the gastronome or gourmet or both combined?
On the face of it when you look at the Napoleonic period on PSR there are lots of offerings but for example when you look at the figure comparisons of French Line Infantry there seems to be nothing for 1815 or none in overcoats. It almost needs a ground up stock take is what is needed to help satiate the appetite.
More, more seems to be the cry but shouldn't we also help and offer advice to manufacturers to upgrade and fill the glaring gaps in plastic figures for the Napoleonic period as well.