Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A 013 WW I 21cm german Morser10 and other Strelets artillery

Dear James,

I couldn't help but to copy and paste to your site. I also am a big fan of WWI aircraft and I too have several kits each of the Eindecker and Roland. I've watched the movie "Fly Boys" more times than I can remember. Also enjoyed your French cannon and limber! You know, between the Strelets Team and that other forum company "H" plus our classic Airfix sets I'm constantly rearranging furniture to fit in more shelf space. Anyway, just loved your site - GC

VIP to Ukraine

You are too kind GC!

I am pleased that you found something of interest on the blog.

You are clearly a bit of a film buff! Your mention of 'The War Lord' in a previous post had me checking it out. It was one that had passed me by. It seems to have a story and depth of characters worth watching (being based on a play helps). I generally prefer the older films to most of the offerings of today. Blowing things up and using CGI don't appeal and certainly don't make up for a lack of depth and story. I'll take "The Blue Max", "All Quiet on the Western Front" (1930 version by preference, but the 1970s remake was well done and powerful too) and "Paths of Glory" any day over things like "1917". "Fly Boys" looks to suffer from the same thing... As a recent example, I watched the 2019 version of "Midway" which was an offering when I last went in a plane, a year or so ago. It was not a patch on the 1970s film. The computer-game style graphics are rubbish in my book. It was made worth watching by the inclusion of crucial history about the intelligence/code-breaking that was not known publicly when the 1970s film was made. Woody Harrelson as Nimitz was tops and steals the show.

I am quite recent to wargaming the First World War. It always held a fascination for me, always moved me but was too 'modern' and the immobile war on many fronts did not appeal. I'm gaining a deeper appreciation from reading, making notes and attempting to recreate it on the tabletop. Fascinating, moving and terrible history. The parallels with current events are frightening...

Regards, James

Hello folks,

I have been waiting for many years for a good model of the 21 cm Krupp Moerser 1910 (or the 1916 version) in 1:72. But I couldn't find anything like that anywhere... :confused:

So I designed a 21 cm Krupp Moerser myself using the CAD program and realized it with the 3D printer.

Here is the result of my work:

:wave:

Distributing all the metal rivets was a lot of work. :grimacing:

And I used the faulty parts of a test print in my little "Somewhere in hell" diorama:

That is absolutely sensational Gerd!

The design and the wonderful camouflage painting.

A real 'atmospheric' diorama with the 'left overs' too!

Magnificent.

Regards, James

Dear Gerd,

Wow! Perfectly a monument piece to those who fought in WWI.

Thank you for sharing! - GC