Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WSS British Infantry

You have indeed been busy, very impressive, well done.

Magnificent! There should be no doubt how thrilled Anton would be with your equally skilled painting to further bring these sculpts to life. And a big "Thank You! for the enjoyment you have brought me today. Bravo to all you artisan guys collectively!

Victory & Peace for all of Ukraine :flag-ua:

Fantastic paintwork! They look amazing. Good job! 👍

Thank you for these generous comments Alan, Garrison and Roger. Much appreciated!

The Strelets WSS range figures feature some very fine sculpts, and the definition and attention to detail that Anton put into these figures make them a joy to paint. The three sets of British infantry are, in my view, amongst the best 1/72 plastic figures to be made in the last 10 years.

Absolutely stunning! I enjoyed all your photos and fine painting. Thank you much for sharing.
Any particular paint brand you recommend? I’m assuming acrylics…… Same question for any special pre-paint and post-paint techniques you employ. What brand/type of glue do you use for those tiny fiddly parts if any?

Toby Barrett
Absolutely stunning! I enjoyed all your photos and fine painting. Thank you much for sharing.
Any particular paint brand you recommend? I’m assuming acrylics…… Same question for any special pre-paint and post-paint techniques you employ. What brand/type of glue do you use for those tiny fiddly parts if any?
Thanks Toby.

The paints I use these days are almost exclusively Vallejo acrylics, although I do use artists acrylics for horses. I tend to base coat the plastic figures with clear PVA glue after washing, and I then undercoat with light acrylic coat (eg: light grey) and then a dark sepia shade (a fairly well-thinned acrylic); the dark shade over the light shows up the sculpt details really well and makes painting easier. As for glue, I use UHU general purpose adhesive for most purposes ie: fixing riders to horses, bases to card unit bases etc.

As the figures are not really for wargaming (and therefore don't get much handling) I tend not to varnish the figures. I do use a satin artists acrylic varnish on horses though, which gives them a sheen.

Marvellous parade Mark!

They look wonderful arrayed in their lines and the terrain and backdrop set them off really well.

The only shame, from my biased perspective, is that they won't be in action on the tabletop! :)

Regards, James

Wow this is fantastic work minuteman. I’ve always loved your painting style. Very detailed yet still reasonable to do in mass. Your posts on Benno’s are always a joy to view! Keep up the great work!

Outstanding brushwork!

When the work of a great sculptor meets the skills of a great painter, such glorious works are created.

Wonderfully painted and staged..

I still can't believe Anton Derbilov died in this terrible war.

Gerd
When the work of a great sculptor meets the skills of a great painter, such glorious works are created.

Wonderfully painted and staged..

I still can't believe Anton Derbilov died in this terrible war.
Many thanks for these kind words, Gerd. And I also share your thoughts concerning the sad and tragic loss in this war, including Anton.

We hear the bitter truth from 4:08....nothing more to say..:

https://youtu.be/rh6C4Zpvngc

I have seen some good quality posts here. I really appreciate you for taking great effort and investing your time for this.
Interior fit out companies in Dubai