Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Newly Published Beau Geste, French Foreign Legion Book

Dear Asher,

All my life I've been a "visual first" book fan. You know ... "one picture is worth 1,000 words." The great thing about this book is it is a large allowing the pictures to be as large as possible and then has foot notes kind a text under them. Where possible, all the pics are in color. I also bought the same kind of book written about the movie Zulu, and for all the raves it got it is mostly text, physically smaller and only has about 5 pages of color plates in the center. All the rest are B & W and too small for my eyes. This Beau Geste book is about action; movies in pictures and storytelling, pure entertainment in its own right.

And then after you get all excited about the French Foreign Legion in that era, you can buy amazing 1/72 figures wearing their kepi blancs thoughtfully created by the Strelets Team allowing you to recreate all the possible scenes.

Between the author, Frank Thompson, and the Strelets Team, they make me feel like a kid again at the Saturday Matinees!

P.S. Get the paperback version, save some money, and wear it out!

:flag-fr: :palm_tree: :earth_africa:

Re: Newly Published Beau Geste, French Foreign Legion Book *** SEE HERE FOR PICS ***

Copy and paste the following link into your browser. Then scroll down to #5. Jack Wagner, owner of the blog Mon Legionnaire has kindly posted beautiful pictures showing what you will find inside.

https://monlegionnaire.wordpress.com/2023/01/30/books-for-2023/