Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lost Strelets Sets

For me it is Hat's set of 1812 Russian infantry that never came to be. Mind you, if they had been produced along the same lines as their helmeted Austrians and Peninsular cavalry, it was probably for the best and saved me some disappointment. But, we'll never know now, do we?

Re: Lost Strelets Sets/Interview with Anton Derbilov

Here is an amazing interview with our favorite sculptor: https://gwaramedia.com/en/from-miniatures-creator-to-national-guard-soldier-story-of-anton-derbilov/

If I am not mistaken, he may have been the sculptor for Strelets, Linear-A, Redbox and the nice recent Mars sets. His entire future work and life lost. A huge loss for our hobby, devastating like a nuke. A much bigger loss for mankind and his family.

If I am not mistaken, he may have been the sculptor for Strelets, Linear-A, Redbox and the nice recent Mars sets. His entire future work and life lost. A huge loss for our hobby, devastating like a nuke. A much bigger loss for mankind and his family.

Hello Jan,

There are so many valuable human lives that are lost there forever...

It really is a shame at a time when we have long since recognized that only peaceful cooperation can help the peoples of this earth.
And I had hoped that this would have gotten into the minds of politicians worldwide...

Dear Gerd,

the current war is most unfortunate, and I am heartbroken about every human being who is harmed by the violence.

Once the war is over, I hope that Strelets will be able to fulfill Anton Derbilov's wish and honor him with an Ukrainian army set, and many other sets dedicated to the men and women in uniform who were ordered or volunteered to fight in this current war. I would love that. Currently you can only find painted resin figures from China for $40-80 per set on ebay.

' Have you come up with ideas for future work during the service?

Of course. From the beginning of the full-scale war, I was asked, “Maybe when the war ends, you will start making soldiers of the Ukrainian army?” Of course, I will. But the war has to be ended first. Then I need to return home and return to the profession. I really hope that then everything – both hands and eyes – will be with me.'

To the immortal soul of Anton Derbilov, the genius artist, brave warrior and true hero, who now resides in the afterlife: I bow my head to you and I wish that peace, friendship and harmony may soon return to the people of Europe, and that your loved ones may always remain safe and unharmed.

Re: Lost Strelets Sets

Ha! Isn’t that the truth Thomas. I never did understand how HAT was so inconsistent. They’d produce beauties like the Peninsular British Infantry and then proceed to release sets in the quality of the Peninsular cavalry as you mentioned. Very hot and cold.