Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Friday Evening

Dear Strelets,

This is the way that we like our artillerists; in miniature and a thing of the past.

Superb as always!

Have a grand weekend, when you get there,

James

Hungry for news of your superb items!!!
Be safe and sound!!!!!!!!!!!

Are those figures wearing frogged waistcoats like a hussars? They're rather splendid!

Jacobite artillery for both belligerent

Hello dear Strelets team,
Very nice masters.
My personal bet is these are Jacobites artillery crews for both factions, isn't it?
Very good weekend to you and stay safe!
CPN

These artillery men are looking amazing! I’m hoping they have some nice big siege guns to pair with them

Nice figures, with plenty of character. The linstock that one of them is handling looks very large, and yet if these are Jacobite era artillerymen their field pieces would be somewhat small ie: no more than a 6 pounder.

It will be interesting to see what this set eventually consists of.

These are wonderful sculpts. Have I imagined it, or at one point a couple of years ago did Redbox share images of British artillery for the Jacobite era?

Rich, I too recognize these three poses as being from the RedBox set of British Jacobite period artillery men. I kept a photo in my files from a couple of years ago and the RedBox set was done in yellow plastic but never made it to distribution that I could learn no matter where or how long I looked. I even asked some dealers but since the war started a year ago there has been no word about Redbox items at all that I’ve seen. Perhaps Strelets has acquired this set and/or the masters and we’ll see it someday. (Although when and if it does I hope distribution goes farther than the latest WSS Cuirassiers sets that have only been available in Italy and Germany on EBay - no where else that I can see. Not UK, Canada or USA where I am.)

I don't know why you can't get the WSS Cuirassiers in the UK. I have half a dozen boxes, and Hannants are listing 20+ in stock for each set.

Graham,
I apologize and should have been clearer. I was referring to eBay distributors/sellers in UK, Canada and USA. I just spent the last half hour perusing thru Hannants - which I was unfamiliar with before - and it took me awhile due to their vast offering of many makers and scales of product. And you are absolutely correct they have listed both WSS Austrian and Bavarian Cuirassiers sets available. Thank you for the tip.
In a different thread here on Strelet’s forum Strelets just came on this morning and stated there was disinterest in these new WSS sets by USA dealers and/or US eBay distributors. I’ll take that up with my personal favorite - Rebeldelphia in California - and hope that disinterest doesn’t extend into a lot of the upcoming new WSS releases and other periods from Strelets too. Otherwise, I and other USA fans of this product line will be forced into acquiring them from overseas distributors with the accompanying huge postage costs.
Again, thank you Graham, and thank you Strelets for the distribution clarification.

Hannants are the go to guys for breadth of stock, and their new releases function and advanced search function on the website is good. They aren't always the cheapest, but they usually have the stuff.

RebelAlpha is generally my go to as well Toby. They’re Strelets sets are always selling really good as well, so I’m not sure why there’d be disinterest. And then I noticed Michigan Toy Soldier still has the Cuirassiers sets listed as upcoming and has them available for preorder. Either way I hope we do get the opportunity to purchase them over here sooner or later.

Good to know the Strelets Team is still able to work on future projects. :+1:

See the full set of the once announced Red Box figures here (post from 30.10.2020):

http://bennosfiguresforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23277&start=20

The mentioned Strelets WSS Cuirassiers were available via various European distributors for some time now, but seem to have become scarce since then.

Peter, yes that is the same photo I have and from the same source. And I was unable to learn anything more about them until Strelet’s new post the other day, which they can go far to fill in some blanks about them. Please.