Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Plastic Soldier Review Looks at new Strelets 1/72 WSS set 257 Austrian Cuirassiers

It's a good and well researched review. If you're looking for more sources visit the Kronoskaf website.
I suspect that Strelets may be producing in Germany as of now. There's no location for the country where it is produced on the box, but Linear A who used to have their products made in Ukraine now have "Made in Germany" on their latest boxes, so maybe Strelets has switched to Germany too for the time being, given the circumstances. Sad, but still better than to be out of business. Hope they'll be able to produce in Ukraine but conditions look pretty unstable atm.

Re: Plastic Soldier Review Looks at new Strelets 1/72 WSS set 257 Austrian Cuirassiers

Interesting observation on where production may be happening right now. Obviously we all hope for better things in 2023 so that Strelets can resume the whole design/production process in a safe and free Ukraine. But if current circumstances permit, then producing in a safer place (eg: Germany) does sound sensible.

I note from the PSR reviewer's comments that the horses have a slight problem with production quality, and I have have noticed this on several sets of the WoSS range that I have bought in the last 6 months or so. This set of 6 horse poses is of course used for a number of sets in the range, and I wonder whether it might be that the mould(s) are getting a little old. Easier to say than do right now of course, but Strelets might consider re-doing this mould at some point.

Wishing all at Strelets a safe weekend.

I think that the problem with the riders not fitting the horses is an old one that has been observed with a number of Strelets' sets in the past, not only WSS. Whether it's the sculptor or quality control I can't tell, it never affected all of their sets but enough to be an issue from time to to time. I remember remounting a couple of riders on other companies' horses several times, as I hate carving away the plastic from the horses. It's easier with Napoleonics as we've more horses to choose from though. Nevertheless, the figures are fantastic!

It's my owner as I get a chance to read here review about plastic soldier. Also glad to contribute here. I like to inform here that by profession I am CV writer and serve accounting graduate cv services with money back assurance at CV Folks in the UK.

Not my era but yes, the figures do indeed look good. Those helmets still remind me of Cromwell's cavalry. Always like the horses in the WSS cavalry sets too.

Worryingly though I notice the reviews for both the Austrians & Bavarians mention the average height of a figure being 25.5mm.
Thats too big really for 1/72. Would be on the tall side for Napoleonics, let alone early 1700's.
I hope any new Napoleonics or other black powder era sets don't start suffering this ever increasing problem. Manufacturers really shouldn't find themselves suffering from scale creep. If they want to do 28mm then do a range dedicated to it, same goes for 20mm.
It has happened too often in recent years, making some lovely looking sets useless.
Waterloo 1815 Prussian High command & their "light cavalry" French Lancers, Zvezda Saxon Cuirassiers & French Cuirassiers. Then we get into the 2nd generation Italeri sets....

22mm up to 24mm is the threshold I would say for 1/72. Nothing worse than excellent sets being spoiled as they tower over or look like children next to other 1/72 sets.