Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New technology for figures in 1/72

Gerd,

Please show us Your 3d figures. It’s very interesting.

Kind regards,

Yevgen

Thanks Raph86 for the images. It is good to see they match up reasonably. It widens my scope.

3D printed figures seem decent enough, albeit they can be fragile in certain areas such as swords, bayonets etc. But the level of detail is amazing and the faces have good lifelike appearance to them.
I have been buying some from a UK based ebay seller. I have purchased and enjoyed painting both Napoleonic French & British artillery and Dutch/Belgian Carabiniers. Some Hannoverian Infantry too.
The British & French infantry have proportions which may not be to everyones taste, but I have seen worse.
There are some nice wagons too.
I will probably put a order in for some figures from Spiera Miniatures in the new year too. Loads of figures on there I like the look of!

I wouldn't mind getting into 3D printing at some stage myself. I need to do a lot more reading up about it, pros/cons, designing items etc. I can see its uses beyond miniatures. It is certainly an exciting technology.
What we really need is someone to invent the replicators out of Star Trek!!!

I see

Piano wargames

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pianowargames/the-alps-aflame/description

Napoleonic stl

Coexmini

Multi size figures

Thank you for this link..

Really wonderful figures of the napoleonic area..

This figures can be used to represent the units of the German principalities that had sided with Napoleon at the time.

They are slt-print files for 28mm figures, but there is no problem downsizing these files to 1:72 with the printer's software.

In 1:72 they should look fantastic...

Link to the shop: https://pianowargames.de/de/collections/stl-bundles

Yes, they are great.

The post was well-written, providing an in-depth look at the subject matter. www.themagazinepro.com

I looking forward to decent ancient figures. There is need for Iberians or decent fighting phalanxes. I would love to create my own. Which 3d printer is usful? Which software is the best choice?

Zvezda created the last batch of their big sets via 3d (spartans for example). I would like to try this myself.

Hello,

i think the Elegoo Saturn S-Printer would be a good choice if you just want to print small vehicles or soldiers in 1/72-Scale. But the previous models Eleggo Saturn oder the Elegoo MARS are also very good and sufficient devices.

The printers have different sizes and can then also produce larger objects. However, you then have to handle larger quantities of the toxic resin liquid.

You might want to try your first steps with a used Elegoo Mars printer. Such devices can sometimes be found for as little as EUR 80....

But Anycubic also has good printers...

It just depends on what you want to do with them.
Most people eventually buy one of these printers and then use it for a number of years. As such, there are no real comparisons to use as a basis to help you make your choice. Therefore, before you buy a 3D-printer, it is better to read a few test reports and comparisons on the Internet.

And then you have to determine your needs (faster printing, large or small printed parts ??) and choose a device (price / performance).

To create Your own figures You will need software and You have two options:

- Blender: it’s totally free software, but a little bit complicated in the first steps

- Zbrush: it’s more intuitive program and more easier to use then Blender. The unique problem is that You have ti pay 30-40€ monthly for that program. Well taking into account that it’s worth 3-4 sets per months it’s not so much.

Hope this will help.

Kind regards,

Yevgen