Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Is HÄT still alive?

They just seem concentrate on their back catalogue these days, and with the quality in what new sets they have released being patchy at best, its probably unlikely we will see new sets from them ever again while under current ownership.
The slow restock of existing sets has also been an issue.
So basically if there is a set or sets you really want, its best to buy them as soon as possible, as there is no guarantee they will ne restocked quickly.........if ever.

That is truly a shame.

Direct from the source, July 2022:

"At the present moment we are working on a huge list of restocks. The delay was due to worldwide supply chain issues. I do not have an estimated time. We are also currently working on some sets but I do not have any information on that at the moment."

To me it is a matter of being patient and supporting the producers of figures as much as we can.

Hopefully, in the next month or two, Strelets will be able to release some of those lovely sets that are in their severely disrupted production line .

I was using 3d printer recently for figures in scale 1/72 and some of them looks great. The problem is that there now in the market only ww2 figures are popular, so other wars are not well represented.

But I think that once there will be more other wars soldiers miniatures and the 3d printer will come with more clean post-printing process - it will be new era for our hobby.

There are some companies which already begun such production like Germania and Speira Miniatures, but still they are very expensive. Do not think that anybody is willing to pay 2-3€ per figure even if it’s Zvezda standard miniature with no excess in any part.

But once the 3d printers will be easier to use and cleaner and there will be more different figures - then we would have a lot of figures to buy and print.

This is my opinion.

Kind regards,

Yevgen

Hat as we knew it ground to a halt about 2008 , since they are slowly releasing sets that the original sculpts exist for, the bulk of the back catalogue if not all are owned by a Chinese plastic injection factory, with no passion for toy soldiers, see the WW1 Italians as reference to their eye for detail . It is very sad they are not functioning as they once did, from discovering Hat in the mid 90`s to 2008/10 ish were wonderful times in our hobby, and I am very glad I was here to enjoy them.

Alan Buckingham
Hat as we knew it ground to a halt about 2008 , since they are slowly releasing sets that the original sculpts exist for, the bulk of the back catalogue if not all are owned by a Chinese plastic injection factory, with no passion for toy soldiers, see the WW1 Italians as reference to their eye for detail . It is very sad they are not functioning as they once did, from discovering Hat in the mid 90`s to 2008/10 ish were wonderful times in our hobby, and I am very glad I was here to enjoy them.
Alan, I totally agree. The thing that has amazed me is that the company has managed to keep some semblance of life in the face of so much adversity. It was like a perfect storm of anything that could go wrong - did. I wish them - and our current host - the best in the worst of times.

I know they were in a business to make money, but their love of the hobby has infused their product and enriched so many of our lives. For that I am grateful.

Can’t help but wonder what it’s worth as an entity $$$$

If it’s a minor part of a big injection company, what sort of money is it worth to acquire ?

In this day and age, people have come together for all sorts of weird and wonderful reasons and crowd-funded things.

Just a thought…?

If new products from HaT are dead in the water would it be possible for Strelet to consider Early war 2 BEF troops. Amazed that there are not available except the zvezda mini sets. Worth looking at the HaT proposed set.

RCD
If new products from HaT are dead in the water would it be possible for Strelet to consider Early war 2 BEF troops. Amazed that there are not available except the zvezda mini sets. Worth looking at the HaT proposed set.
Seems an extremely sensible suggestion, especially as I have been waiting for the HaT version for too long and I prefer Strelets

enquired just now about their long heralded AWI series to be told 'was in a queue'