Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: i love this hobby

Beautifully put Kinus. A wonderful post.

There are so many elements to the hobby to keep us enthralled. I'd like to add one more that I especially enjoy: researching and producing scenarios for tabletop games to gain a better understanding of the historical events.

Regards, James

Kinus has expressed the lure of the hobby perfectly.

It's artistic, it's competitive, it's social, it's educational.

Is there a better hobby?

donald

This hobby makes me very happy and read more and more about history. History is very interesting and can make You understand how the world works in some situation and for sure teach us what to avoid in order not to repeat past bad experiences.

I think it’s very complete hobby and not harmful at all. Well only when You spend more that 3 hours per day - my wife sometimes is angry. 😊 have to find an equilibrium for that.

Kind regards,

Yevgen

I agree Kinus, you have summarised the charms of this hobby very well!

I have been collecting/painting/sometimes wargaming with 1/72 figures for many years now and the attraction of the hobby has remained throughout this time...allowing it has to be said for a 'quiet' period somewhere in the middle of this half century when career, family etc had to take priority. Now that I am retired I have been able resume a constant round of collecting, researching, reading, painting etc etc. Wonderful!

Totally agree. From Christmas Day 1961 when I woke up to find the Marx "Giant Blue and Gray Battleset" under the tree, I've had a life-long love with the "little guys" and the history they represent that I've never "outgrown."

Well said Kinus! I have always loved 1/72 scale plastic figures ever since my parents bought for me the ESCI sets of WW2 US and German Soldiers in the early 90's. I was amazed by the lovely detail in such small figures and still am to this day.
I also hope my 2 year old son will be interested in the hobby when he is older so I can share it with him. In any event he'll inherit my collection when I'm gone!

Well said Kinus. As many others have already stated this is a very complete and well rounded hobby. I absolutely love it and wouldn't have it any other way!

And not to forget the great fun of collecting!

Wish you all a wonderful weekend