Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Emperor's Service Squadrons

Beautifully done - as is usual.

Wow!
I especially love those Chasseurs-a -Cheval, in the 13th, 14th and 15th pictures, from the top.
This is a masterpiece. Hopefully these figures will end up in a museum, someday!

Paul K.

Very beautiful! I have no doubts that even Napoleon himself would appreciate them.

Great thing !

Wonderful figures and an excellent painting.

Think its for the "La Belle Alliance"-modul of your diorama..

Where did you get the carriages from ??

I've been looking for something like this for a long time...

You do our hobby great credit sir.

Thanks everyone. Gerd, the carriages are a mixture:

One is a 25mm Minifigs carriage with the old Imex stagecoach chassis (much nicer wheels than the thick things from Minifigs). One is from Franznap. One is a scratch built conversion by Liam (amazing skills) and one is an OOP Dormeuse which I bought 20 years ago in Germany.

The Empress Dragoons are by Qualicast mounted on a section of plastic generals' horses. The Horse Grenadiers are the same with Airfix Old Guard heads and new plumes. The Chasseurs are by Liam from Art Miniaturen or converted with new colpacks from Italeri and Strelets. The lancers are Art Miniaturen converted by Liam from Prussian 7th Uhlans and 3D prints.

Hello,
unfortunately you have confirmed my fears;

These great carriages and figures cannot be bought in this form, because you "created them yourself".
Really great conversions.... :scream:

Even if this means that I'll probably have to build such a carriage myself one day... :cry:

Gerd,

You can buy the Franznap carriage and there is a 3d printed option here:https://empire3d.webnode.fr/copie-de-dormeuse-version-decapotee-1/

Thank you for the tip...

I'll take a closer look at both models and ask about the price there.

I've been looking for it for a long time, but never found anything that came close to the original.

Great. Thank you very much :bow:

[I went to comment on your blog, but these must be a 'coming attraction'?! :) ]

Absolutely sensational and stunning! A sheer delight to view, over and over.

Regards, James

Mon General,

Absolutely beautiful Cavalries! And your Carriage is a masterpiece, also. Thank you for posting so many close-ups of your soldiers directly to the Forum. It is relaxing and enjoyable to come back to and admire time and time again refilling my coffee cup so many times! It is "Time well spent"

GC