Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Post Cards from (Home Country) & Strelets Projects - Anyone care to join in?

C'mon Graham it was all about generating traffic to your blog, hahaha!!

I'm sure you know this already, but you can insert an image in your post by using the 'copy link' option for an image on your blog and then pasting that link between the html code .

Fine figures as ever and your blog is always worth visiting (I'll comment 'properly' there).

I enjoy all styles of painting, but the 'wargame-ready' approach of doing the main bits appeals greatly and works brilliantly on the table, en-masse. You understate yours though, as you add lace, saddle borders and paint the flags really well!

Regards, James

Re: Post Cards from (Home Country) & Strelets Projects - Anyone care to join in?

I didn't know it was that simple to embed a picture in a forum post. I've tried it elsewhere but rarely successfully. Besides, if you didn't visit the blog you'd not be able to read my pithy comments.

Painting the borders and lace is straight forwards if you have a fine enough brush! The figures have good clear raised detail so picking it out with a light touch with the brush is fairly easy.

The bit that got left out of my previous was the "img" and "/img", with the quotes replaced by square brackets. That is the html code that I referred to.

If you click on the "bbcode" hyperlink next to the words 'Enter Message' above the box where you type a post, it shows all of the codes.

Cheers, James

Браво, Стрелец!!!.

Hi

Have to be blank postcard from Teesside, but working on the Pacific War1879, with Strelets ACW range providing the Chilean national guard at moment, with Bolivian to follow. Other manufacturers eg Esci French Foriegn Legion and various ACW ranges also involved. Very colourful version of the Franco-prussian war re kit and indeed uniforms.

Thinking of the Strelets, Redbox and Orion teams in these terrible times.

Cheers

John the Red
Hi

Have to be blank postcard from Teesside, but working on the Pacific War1879, with Strelets ACW range providing the Chilean national guard at moment, with Bolivian to follow. Other manufacturers eg Esci French Foriegn Legion and various ACW ranges also involved. Very colourful version of the Franco-prussian war re kit and indeed uniforms.

Thinking of the Strelets, Redbox and Orion teams in these terrible times.

Cheers
"working on the Pacific War 1879"

Great choice! Really interesting conflict. Can I recommend a set of Wargames rules, written specifically for the period?

You can get them from amazon, or download for Wargames Vault.