Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Question for Strelets Team (?)

Is it fair to say Strelets interests lie in the second half of the 19th Century?

Well if there was just one, my call would be the Durban mounted rifles 1879 , small unit like so many irregular mounted troops of the Zulu War , but could be painted as about half the irregular units of that war . The spiked helmets and braided jackets are a tough conversion, I have tried many times always ending is disappointment.

Easy: a new range for the War of the League of Augsburg.

Hello Strelets-Team,

the russian war against the Chiwa under General General Wassili Perowski (1833-1854) is a part of history which seldom appears in History-books of other nations.

Under General Pirowski, a new phase began in the expansion of the Russian sphere of influence in the direction of the Ural region, the Aral Sea and Kyrgyzstan. This included the systematic resettlement of Cossacks on the Ural and Kama River (Cossack Line), the establishment of Fort Aralsk and many fortified military posts in this region. This long war did not end until 1854, when the Russians conquered the fortress of Akmetket and the associated subjugation of the Chiva, Kyrgyz and Turkmen.

Like many other European countries, Russia also went through a phase of colonial wars in which foreign countries and peoples were conquered.

And unfortunately we are experiencing things like this again at the moment... :angry:

But under a pure historical view, it is an "unopended bottle"..

WW2 South East Asia. Slim's 17th (forgotten) army and Australians in 1/72 rather than 1/76. Key figures would be mule and handler and someone using the external phone to go with my Australian matilda tank. Cut down 25pdr would be interesting.