Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Closest Napoleonic uniform for US Army (War of 1812)?

I’ve spent a lot of time dealing with the same question Baratheon. After my own research I’ve found that British Napoleonic infantry more closely resemble US forces than anyone else. The only major change I’ve had to make is altering the kit, specifically the backpack. Other wise the two uniforms are very similar and for good reason too. Because of supply shortages the US often used captured British gear, and the uniform itself was based off British design. Both the US and Britain used two different styles of Shake during the war and both early war and late war models are similar as well. As mentioned before the backpack is the only key difference at this scale. Otherwise simply painting over minor differences does the trick.

as well as all the options already listed, SHQ do American forces for the war of 1812 in metal

Dear Baratheon,

Can't go past good old Airfix British! :)

I like the Hat Netherlands Militia and Belgian Infantry too, for both the early and late versions.

Not being as discerning nor clever as Asher, I just left the back packs and so on as they are and 'slapped on' the paint.

Regards,

James

Agree; at 1/72 scale a paint over can handle the packs - unless you're a real stickler or doing something of museum-like accuracy. JMO

I got Hats Waterloo Dutch Infantry to use as American regulars. I remember that set being referenced a lot over the years in online forums as to which set could best be used for that purpose.