Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Good comrades

Hello,

in a few days it will be the anniversary of the Battle of Ligny. The following pictures are intended to commemorate the many Prussian and French soldiers who fell there.

And they are also meant to commemorate the men and women who are again losing their lives and health in a terrible war today.

Because this is the bitter side of war that we should never forget.

Re: Good comrades

Gerd, as always very good.

Wow👀 some tremendous paintwork to say the least, but just as equally impressive is your diorama work! That grass looks beyond life like.

Really nice work there Gerd!

Gerd
They look terrific and I must say they picked a very nice day for it.
I am particularly keen on the amount of casualties. I am not familiar with these particular sets, are they out of the box or modified.
It's when you see new pictures posted such as yours that you realise how much the contributions section being refreshed is missed.
Anyway if you can, more please.

As the others have already said, sensational painting and arrangement as always Gerd. Beautifully photographed too.

Regards, James

Always a treat to wake up to good pictures. Great work! Thanks for sharing the eye candy.

Superb images, which are very well composed and photographed with some great figures. Very fine work!

These pictures remind me very much of the artwork of Carl Rochling, an artist of the 'heroic- realist' era who somehow managed to capture the essence of late Napoleonic Prussian infantry in attack in his paintings.

Gerd, a really good work, well paintedthe nice figures. Bravo.

Bravo Bravo Bravo

Excellent painting and a special talent for feeling this era.

Great!

Re: Good comrades / Thank you

Hello friends, thank you for your praise and the nice comments.

Our hobby is very peaceful and brings people together (we come from at least 10 countries here in the forum and yet we have a common "language"..), but we should never forget that we create the "nightmare of the world" as a miniature.

The pictures from Ukraine have made me think about it a lot in the last few weeks.
And that's why I deliberately created these scenes in this form.

Because war always means misery, hunger, serious injuries, mental damage and very often the death of people.

Let's always be aware of this...

Then we will always look at our hobby a little critically. And yet don't lose the joy of it. :thinking_face: