Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Friday Courier

Dear Sirs,

we submit to your attention few new WSS masters:

Best regards,

Strelets

P.S. We've mentioned in our previous posts, that some sets/moulds can be lost forever due to the on-going hostilities. Earlier this week we were notified by our Orion/Red Box colleagues, that some of their moulds had been damaged by a shell that hit the storage place where these moulds were kept. We don't know at this stage which specific sets/moulds were affected but it may be wise to pick sets, that you haven't bought yet, while the stock last to avoid paying silly price for them in future.

Re: Friday Courier

Bravo the new WSS planned releases!!! Can’t new molds be made? Which raises the question - are the masters safe? A better question with shells exploding in the workshop - are the casters and mold makers safe? I am an old soldier (not a plastic one) and my fear is this real war you Ukrainians are fighting will go on for years.
Toby Barrett

Toby Barrett
Bravo the new WSS planned releases!!! Can’t new molds be made? Which raises the question - are the masters safe? A better question with shells exploding in the workshop - are the casters and mold makers safe? I am an old soldier (not a plastic one) and my fear is this real war you Ukrainians are fighting will go on for years.
Toby Barrett
Toby - the problem with dmaged moulds is the fact that mould making is a HUGE cost for the firms. And as most of these companies work on a close margin when it comes to costs, they would have to look at the sets, how they are selling, and whether that would justify remaking the moulds. And it is that calculus that would say whether a mould gets remade or not.

You are absolutely correct Re mold costs if they are expensive to produce metal molds. But I’m not sure if they are metal or not. But if the figures are from the newer silicone based injection molds or even centrifugal, then I’m correct and it all comes back to the masters and what they are made of. I’ll let Strelets determine it all or maybe they will answer.

Sorry to hear that, although happy to see the new post and updated information. Simply beautiful masters as well. Hugs from all of us to the west. :hugging_face:

Wonderful WSS masters, thanks so much for posting in such difficult times, but important is for all your team , families and friends is your safety, my sincere best wishes to all there
cheers Old John

Fine WoSS masters for a Friday! The cartridge box mounted at the front of the waistbelt is typically French, so I wonder if these are more French infantry, perhaps Guards? Whatever the case, a "Well Done!" to the sculptor and to Strelets.

I am of course sorry to hear of the damage to the Redbox/Orion moulds. As others have said, safety to people is always a higher priority than safety to material things. My best wishes and prayers for safety go to the whole Strelets team.

Not my era but some really nice masters there. Thanks Strelets.

While a sad loss at the time, masters, moulds, equipment etc can always be replaced. They are just "things".

The people who make and work with them however, the people within the companys who have the idea's & artistic vision in their heads, are much more precious. They cannot be replaced. They are all unique.
Hopefully they can all get through this.
As for infrastructure, as I say, it can always be rebuilt/repurchased & I am sure there will be help (both physical & financial) to rebuild Ukraine from it's friends & allies.

Take care all those involved within the hobby out there and of course the people of Ukraine as a whole.
πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

Thank you for the heads up on Orion moulds.

100% agreed, couldn't have put it better - well, on a second thought 95% agreed, scratch the "not my period" part and it's o.k. :slightly_smiling_face: And as always: Stay safe everybody!

I’ve said it before but this WOSS series have become my favourite range of figures to collect and paint.

Keep safe Strelets.

Dear Strelets,

So great to hear from you. Such wonderful looking masters.

That is such a shame about the Orion/RedBox moulds. Very best wishes to you all—genuinely felt and written, although completely useless as such things are...

Makes me ponder things more tangible for those of us dealing with the simple, everyday challenges and joys of life.

Could crowd funding amongst the group who frequent this forum help with the cost of relocation/storage of molds and masters to a 'safe haven' (more distant geographically, probably a different jurisdiction)? Of course, if this stupidity goes further, such a thing may be difficult to find, but we hope for a different direction and quicker end to this catastrophe...

Regards, James

Excellent figures again. I really like these poses. I’m wondering whether these would be Spanish, who had belly cartridges and neckerchief. The grenadiers shown a few weeks ago with the unusual hats looked like they could be Spanish as well?

This WSS range is by far the most accomplished of any Strelets range.

Dearest Strelets Team,

Once again, what a relief (and what a treat) to read your Postcards From Ukraine! In my lifetime Ukraine has shown the world the most amazing strength against all odds. Honestly, I have trouble finding the right words, but I live for Sundays and your messages. Thank you for continuing to think of your Hobby Family.

With gratitude - GC

You have done your best job by writing here a few new WSS masters. Given information is also helpful for those students who are facing problems while writing essays and taking career guidance from Personal Statement Folks - https://www.personalstatementfolks.co.uk/ which is famous for UCAS personal statement writing help in the UK. Thus, I am happily forwarding this post to them and see what they say about it.

Knowing something new from this website. Many thanks for taking the time and discussing this post with us. These websites will be surly like by writers of CV Folks - https://www.cvfolks.co.uk/ where they are design effective CV in UK. Thus, I happily recommend this post to them.

It’s my owner to get latest things about new WSS masters. After reading this post, I would like to inform about it to my student who taking finance assignment writing service from me at Quality Assignment and interested to know more about it. Hope they will like this post.

Adam James here, from College Life Network. By adding a few new WSS masters here, you have done your best. I think re-molding would be a bit costly and, I'm not sure if it's a metal or not.

Enjoying reading this post. You have done outstanding job by adding extra effort on this post. Keep it up. finance Experts help

It's an interesting post and the way you presented it was appreciable. So keep sharing. best Dubai web design companies

Its a well written post. I appreciate you for sharing this valuable piece of information. Ayurveda centre Dubai

Thank you for sharing the valuable post. You can check the AI consulting services works that can be a game changer in your field.