Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Some Questions About Past Strelets Sets

Thank you and best wishes! :sunglasses: :hugging_face:

I personally love questions like this. I’m always curious as to the process behind planning lines and making decisions about scrapping some in favor of others. If I had to ask a question like this, I’d be curious as to what the War of 1812 range was scrapped to make time for.

Worth noting that IMEX was also contemplating adding a War of 1812 back in the day, but it never materialized. This thread gives some conversion ideas for 1/72 plastics:

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=171078

Interesting and quite strange war with an even stranger historiography that has traditionally varied widely between historians from the UK, Canada, and the different parts of the USA. Currently using JCA Stagg's 'The War of 1812: Conflict for a Continent' as my main go to at the moment, largely because from pages 171-186 he lists the hundreds of different sources available for just about anything related to the conflict.

I agree completely Babylon. The historiography is so interesting. What originally drew me to the war though is simply the participation of the United States. The Napoleonic wars have always been one of my favorites to study, but I’ve always wondered what an American Napoleonic army would look like, yet because of the war of 1812 we know. There’s something about Americans in shakos that I just love. On top of that the actual battles and skirmishes of the war are pretty interesting as well.