Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Bavarians at Ease & Random Pondering

Nice work on the Bavarians! Reminds me of going to the museum in Innsbruck a few years back that talked about the masses of Bavarians clad like these storming into the region in 1809, which the Tyroleans resisted. Interesting cyclorama there.

On a completely unrelated topic, I was perusing around the pages of different sets and was looking at the four models of mortars that are provided in RedBox's 72070 "Turkish Siege Artillery Mortar" set. I was wondering if, provided roughly suitable crewmembers could be found, would these mortars be more or less valid as generics for most 16th-18th Century factions or are they too distinctive for that? I am not an expert in this era. Say, for instance, the WoSS artillery crews were taken off their guns and put onto these mortars, would that be valid?

Hope everyone is doing well and again, very enjoyably bright colors on the Bavarians. :sunglasses:

Re: Bavarians at Ease & Random Pondering

Nicely painted Bavarians in good, strong colours. These soldiers have clearly just received their new uniforms and are suitably proud of the way they look:relaxed: Your work on the white and blue chequer-pattern on the furled standard is particularly impressive...if this is hand-painted. Well done!

Yes, great job of painting these figures.

Lovely figures, beautiful painting.

I really enjoy people's different styles of painting. This 'clean' almost toy soldier look is always really, really appealing.

Top stuff Michele!

Regards, James

I agree James. The glossy toy soldier look always makes for some incredibly attractive figures, but I can never make up my mind whether I’d have this look or a more realistic matte finish. Either way, these Bavarians look beautiful!

Some very colourful Bavarians there. Nice painting. The Bavarians are some of Strelets best Napoleonics.

TheBabylonian109
On a completely unrelated topic, I was perusing around the pages of different sets and was looking at the four models of mortars that are provided in RedBox's 72070 "Turkish Siege Artillery Mortar" set. I was wondering if, provided roughly suitable crewmembers could be found, would these mortars be more or less valid as generics for most 16th-18th Century factions or are they too distinctive for that? I am not an expert in this era. Say, for instance, the WoSS artillery crews were taken off their guns and put onto these mortars, would that be valid?

Yes they are, and yes, you could.

Excellent news! Thank you. :sunglasses: