Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Missing Friday Post

Respects to you, your way of thinking, and your thoughts for now and the future.... we'll be there as we can, one way or another

Only wishes of peace and goodwill

Al

Stay safe, guys. We'll be here when you resume production. Heroyam slava!

Edwardian
Great art. Great figures from what we have seen on the website. I love the WSS range.

The important thing, however, is that the Strelets staff remain safe, so I cannot get too excited about product right now.

In any case, if and when any production resumes I must question the provenance of purchases from this part of the world more carefully in the present circumstances. Yes, the factory is (was?) in Ukraine along with the staff, but somewhere here I read that Strelets is a Russian owned business. I wonder if that can be confirmed or denied because I, for one, would feel unable to support in any way a sanctioned economy, however beautiful the product.

PSR will not review Russian products and I support that approach, though they are happy to relay Strelets announcements, which suggests they seem to think this is a Ukrainian not a Russian business. But what is the position exactly?

Sorry to strike a sour note, but if we believe in the sentiments latterly expressed here (albeit it now taken down), should we not act consistently with those principles?
Sorry, Edwardian, but you are in danger to play the game of the russian trolls. I am really shocked.

Not every russian is an instrument of Putin. There are a russian minority in the Ukraine too, which won´t be governed from Russia - especially after this destructive invasion. Don´t open now the box of Pandora and divide these people like Putin wishs. That is stupid and dangerous. And I am against all cancel culture which try to force humans to public confessions in the style of the former inquisition. Strelets has given us never the impression to be on the aggressors site. And there are enough reasons especially in a besieged city not to answer such a stupid question to somebody in the comfortable west. I think that the fact says enough that the Strelets team is still in the bombed Charkiv.
And all boxes after box 1 are wearing the Ukrainian flag.

Please don´t play this poisoned game! There are already enough terrible mobbing and attacks on russians in the west from brainless stupids

Totally agree. And please let's honor the request of our hosts to not make this forum one of political discussions if that is their wish. Let's all hope that the Strelets team their family, friends, loved ones, pets and their homes and work stay safe and unharmed. And thanks for the marvellous artwork.

Sansovino. It's not a game. My question was both genuine and serious.

Whatever the views may or may not be of the owner(s) or any given Russian, this is not a time I want to contribute to the flow of hard currency to the Russian economy. I appreciate that, rather like shelling and bombing, economic sanctions and boycotts can have an indiscriminate effect. Life, as we are reminded most forcefully at present, just isn't fair but sometimes you nevertheless have to make a choice.

For me it is not an attempt at moral condemnation - I have no idea what anyone concerned with this business thinks and it's none of my business - I just want to know where my money would go if I bought more product and if it would go to Russia, then, sorry, but I cannot allow that.

If you go to Strelets Home Page, you will see the "About" button. Click on the button and read to the bottom of its excellent history and you can see it is a Ukranian company. If you buy the WSS Range, Strelets sadly informed us the Sculptor who designs these popular figurines has just joined the National Guards and has gone off to defend his country. Hope this helps.

Great artwork, very inspiring!

Thanks also for the update on Strelets and Redbox staff. Always welcome to hear news, praying that you stay safe and well,

Hurrah Strelets! Please keep the messages coming as best and as often as you possibly can. You must continue to be able to see you have a dedicated following in many parts of this world. Safety and blessings to you all. Prayers that all of you remain whole of body and mind, that workspace, equipment and masters remain intact so that when the day comes to resume production of all those wonderful little plastic figures we admire - you can.
Toby Barrett
Thoroughbred Figures
Portsmouth, Virginia USA

Well spoken, Strelets, and I hope that people here will honor your wishes. Most of us feel deep passion.....even great anger....at what is occurring, but you are correct when you say that there are other places for those discussions. Please be safe. To a better day.

Absolutely wonderful piece of artwork, a joy to view.

I'm pleased to hear that your staff and our friend at Redbox are OK. Thanks for telling us.

Stay healthy, stay alive, wherever you are..

Gerd
Stay healthy, stay alive, wherever you are..
Yes!

Déjà, très content d'avoir de vos nouvelles. Et très heureux qu'elles soient bonnes.

Restez en sécurité

Tous mes voeux

Hervé

Just be safe. Nothing else matters.

yep, lets leave the conflict stuff to our collections, if only our toys could be used to solve such events...?