Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Heavy 30 pd-Parrot Rifle....on the way..

Gerd
What a super image. Ah it takes me back to the Airfix sets. Having seen these I will definitely have a look at the YouTube video.
Excellent!

Fine work Gerd, well done!

Of course, an artillery piece as large as this would have other horse-drawn vehicles as well, including ammunition wagons, engineering equipment to enable the gun to be emplaced etc. So maybe more horse teams and carefully-modelled wagons to come....Maybe??!

Hello, if I find enough time and patience, I will maybe build such a team with 8 - 10 horses again. But probably not in the near future... for this you have to have very calm nerves... :fearful: :smiley:

Nice that you liked my limber with the heavy Parrott cannon.

An impressive model to say the least. Phenomenal work Gerd. Have you ever thought about making a tutorial on something like this? I for one don't have quite the ingenuity that you have, but would be willing to put in the effort if pointed in the right direction.

Hello Asher,

Thank you for your praise. I'm always happy when you like my projects. They're not always perfect, but I always like to try something new.

What should I make a tutorial about? About the research on the model? Or how to build such a team of horses? Or how to stage and photograph it well?

I wouldn't even know what to start with. Sometimes I see models or figures, but I don't like the way they are executed. Then I look for the originals on the internet and then start designing my own models or figures. Sometimes I then create conversions, but I now design some things with a CAD program and then create them with a 3D printer. Therefore, there is no clear scheme in my work. :wink:

And then, after weeks of tinkering, this is what comes out:

Or thinks like this..if i had a good day :smile: :

Wow! A very dedicated process. I guess I may need to practice my figure converting and contemplate investing in a 3D printer. Either way your projects always turn out beautiful. Keep up the work!

:+1: