Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mid-Late 19th Century Europe

Thank you Flambeau! I'll be sure to relay the information.

i think we all would likes new sets made for other eras but i think it comes down to what sells.the ranges are hosts do must sell well.to make a new range must cost a few bob to design if it bombs.it money down the pan.and it. and would cut down the amount of the range of figures they are doing for ranges now.ie they released say 40 sets a year two years a go most were nappy over the two releases. then they started woss range and the nappy range reduced by 3 to 4 sets.i think as they make only so many sets a year there would have to be reduction in the ranges being made at moment. guys are crying out for sets to be made in ranges now being done. so its a catch 22 we all like to have new era sets but it comes at a cost

Don't forget the Wars in South America. The 1879-84 War between Chile, Peru and Bolivia is well worth looking into. The armies look like European armies and are equipped in a similar way, they just don't always fight like them.

I have been working on forces for the Crimean war using a mix of Strelets and Emhar figures filling the gaps with conversions and a few metals from Tumbling Dice. Many of the early Strelets sets are out of production and all but impossible to find, sculpting quality aside,so I had to get creative: British Line infantry came from Austrian Grenzers, mostly a simple paint conversion, while Russians were made from Prussian Landwehr. My Strelets guardsmen had to have command figures found in another manufacturer's Napoleonic command set, while my Turks are led by converted 1877 artillerymen!

I'm always surprised there aren't more sets made for these interesting and colourful conflicts. I guess once again its down to popularity and awareness. There is an absolute treasury of inspiration for the modeller and wargamer and so surely a niche that could be filled by an enterprising manufacturer? Unfortunately, people, even in the countries these events took place, often know little or nothing about them so I guess that would undermine sales against better known (if less colourful) conflicts.