Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bavarian Firing Line

A superb set indeed. I only wish the person responsible for the box art would work as fast as the sculptor, :face_with_rolling_eyes: waiting is the hardest part, especially if you have all those nice masters dangling right before your old eyes ...

I agree completely. The painted box art for most of the WoSS sets has been beautiful. It's made me almost as exited for the box art as the figures themselves!

This looks to be a really excellent set of figures, which will be a great addition to the WoSS range. Well done to Strelets and the talented sculptor!:+1:

I am very much looking forward to buying multiple boxes of this set when it is released...summer, or perhaps even before??

PS: Interesting how the brain works isn't it. As others have said above, I too thought that this would be a Bavarian Napoleonic set when I first saw the post on the main website front page...:blush: A nice surprise!

On a second glance: No grenadiers! Will we get some Bavarian grenadiers in the future? We surely need some!

Flambeau
On a second glance: No grenadiers! Will we get some Bavarian grenadiers in the future? We surely need some!
I wouldn't exclude the possibility of Strelets making a set of Bavarian Grenadiers, but in case they don't you might consider the conversion that I used to make mine....HaT 1806 Saxon bearskins on the bodies and heads of figures from the 'French Infantry on the March (and also Advancing'set; or indeed, grafted on to the new Bavarian Firing Line figures..

Those look great, but looking at the original Saxons on PSR just gives me the creeps - soft plastic, and ugly, ugly figures ... You've worked miracles there, but can I bring myself to buy a box of these rubber gnomes? That will take a lot of thinking, besides it's a big box at 17,50€ over here, quite expensive. Guess I'll have a very close look at my old Airfix British grenadiers first. But thanks for sharing, very good job!

Asher Croy
As I went onto the Strelets homepage today I noticed that a new set of masters had been released. Being that the last masters shown were Bavarians in square for the Napoleonic Wars, I figured these Bavarians would be Napoleonic as well. Much to my surprise, however, I was greeted with yet another beautifully sculpted WoSS set. 3 standing firing poses instead of the usual 2, some excellent looking casualty figures, a bare flag pole… to say I’m excited is an understatement. These look like a joy to paint as well with the typical cuffs and tricornes of the period. Well done to say the least.
Sublime set.