Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Friday Post

This week's runs are almost over

Finish line is clearly visible

Have a nice week-end, gentlemen!

Best regards,

Strelets

Re: Friday Post

A very interesting selection! Is the advancing rifleman an early-WW2 American? The early 18th Century musketeer charging with murderous intent looks just right for a Swedish Great Northern War army...although I doubt that the set he is a part of is a new Swedish infantry set...but I may be wrong!!

Have a good weekend:slightly_smiling_face:

That does look like a Springfield rifle and the leggings look American. Also the canteen could be American. A third early WWII US Army or USMC set would we awesome. I just purchased two each of the WWII Early War US Army sets and three of the US Navy WWII sets. That makes at least 6 of each and I plan on getting more.

I got the US Navy guys in light blue and very dark green! Dark green? Seems an odd selection
Have they ever been issued in white plastic? I would love some of those in white.

Glad to see our regular Friday updates have returned.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Bunker Talk blog

Friday 'service' is resumed, thanks Strelets! A wonderful range of action poses.

Mark, the cuff looks too big for a Swedish infantryman and they commonly had turnbacks, so I'd guess Austrian-Imperial or French?

Great poses all and always fun to admire and to try to guess/work out what is what.

Regards,

James

My roll of the dice says the first and third pictures are an American and Japanese in the Philippines early war.

At last, far east!!!
Thank you Strelets :heart:

That's my guess Mr. Clay!

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/world-war-ii/the-empire-of-japan-the-invasion-of-the-philippines-in-ww2.html

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Bunker Talk blog

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
That's my guess Mr. Clay!

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/world-war-ii/the-empire-of-japan-the-invasion-of-the-philippines-in-ww2.html

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Bunker Talk blog
Wow, thank you for the link, Mr. Creek! Not only Philippines but Chariots and Artillery topics. A real joy to read. I'm on my 2nd cup of coffee reading through it.

And to Strelets Team - Thank you for the Friday Eye Candy, once again. Cheers to all for making it through another week to Friday.

Friday starts great!! ... excellent figures once again. A curiosity for me is to know if the sets for Gallipoli, Turks and British will still be scheduled... Can Strelets unravel the arcane mystery? Thank you... it's nice to have our eyes candy back.

Good to see some new WW2 for Asian theatre. I`m hoping Strelets will do a set of
Japanese Special Naval Landing Forces. Some Dutch troops would be great too for Indonesia.
Any news about WW1 sets would be very welcome or the promised retooled Crimean War Infantry sets.

That charging musketeer looks amazing.👍

Good to see you back Mr.Strelets,I hope everything is well.👌

Finally again a happy friday! Wonderful! Grateful! Gracious!

I love your new soldiers, especially the musketeer which excites me to let us hope a new WSS-charging set.

I agree completely. I didn't even realize that there is no WSS charging/advancing set yet. This is a welcome surprise for sure.

looks like us army in attack. cool well pleased.hope the gallipoli range gets done but you have a lot on your plate at this time stay safe thanks

All very nice, but not the least bit deserty.

Strelets have already done at least 3 sets for the early WWII US side...M105, M112 & M113...could he be a Commonwealth soldier?

I think the Springfield Rifle and canvas leggings say US Army rather than Commonwealth.
How would Commonwealth troops in the Pacific differ from Commonwealth troops in North Africa?

"Good to see some new WW2 for Asian theatre. I`m hoping Strelets will do a set of
Japanese Special Naval Landing Forces. Some Dutch troops would be great too for Indonesia."

I agree those would be great.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Bunker Talk blog

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
I think the Springfield Rifle and canvas leggings say US Army rather than Commonwealth.
How would Commonwealth troops in the Pacific differ from Commonwealth troops in North Africa?

"Good to see some new WW2 for Asian theatre. I`m hoping Strelets will do a set of
Japanese Special Naval Landing Forces. Some Dutch troops would be great too for Indonesia."

I agree those would be great.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Bunker Talk blog
The uniforms of 'The forgotten army' look completely different from those of North Africa. Worth looking up the uniforms as the jungle conditions required a totally different style of uniform. Although not perfect worth looking up the Matchbox Australians as an idea (pity they are so tiny as the mule and handler are great!).

To get a feel of the campaign worth looking up the book "Quartered safe out here" by George Macdonald Fraser. It is a brilliant account of the Burma campaign from the point of a squaddy rather than from the officer view. Throughout there are quotes from the 'official' records and what actually took place.

Unfortunately the Chindits seem to be the only ones to be remembered in Burma!