Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Strelets Set 186 French Foreign Legion Early XX C.

Found a Video on Utube from the V&A museum, it shows the technique of Galvanoplasty/Electrotyping, in short run the principle is the same but has been modified to create an injection tool where only the primary surface is metal in this case copper.

Anyway you get the idea...

:wink:

Re: Strelets Set 186 French Foreign Legion Early XX C.

My thanks to everyone for the feedback about this, and especially to Ironsides for that fascinating look at that process. I really am sympathetic with Strelets need to maximize their profit margin by using an economical process. Unfortunately, I had just started purchasing their RIF War series, and their other Arab and Legion sets, and the above mentioned set is already impossible to locate in the states. I am starting to believe that you have to be ready to buy each and every new set as it comes out of the gate. I still think that, given the artists that they have to hire to produce the more recent figures, one would think that they would want to continue to be able to sell these sets on more than just a limited run. The other interesting possibility I have heard mentioned in this forum is 3D production. Perhaps that would make their original casts go further?