Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Kallistra Terrain

Greetings Allan,
Here's an interesting idea fore you:

https://www.littlewars.se/candc/rivers.html

Paul K.

Hi Paul,

thanks for the link I will probably go with that idea I had always hoped that Kallistra would bring out a dedicated hex board with the rivers built in. They will probably release them after I do my rivers.

I have seen a guy on youtube that cut the large up a coir door mat using a 6 hex template so that his corn fields were built into the board, that is also on the to do list.

thanks again for the link
bfn
Allan

Friends who have it use rubberised roads and rivers.

I bought some a few years ago, my idea at the time was to make rivers by cutting through the plastic and glueing sheet styrene underneath for the river surface, the river banks would be the thickness of the Kalistra tiles and the smooth surface of the styrene would be the water. I didn't get very far with the project for various reasons but it may be something that I come back to.

I did use the Kalistra bases for cavalry bases for 1/72 scale figures but over the years I found that they warp - effectively creating rocking-horses - so I don't do that any more.

Overall I like the Kalistra system and would like to do more with in the future.