Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Terrain/Landscape

Asher, not sure if you've heard of Sarissa Precision, but they do MDF kits for 15mm, 20mm and 28mm. They may have a few suitable looking village houses or farm buildings?

Hi Asher,

I can recommend the 15mm range of resin buildings from Hovels Ltd in the Uk, I have the Hougomont, La Haye Saint, Papelotte and La Belle Alliance sets and they are all great for our scale.

They are available painted or unpainted, they also do town and farm sets which i do not have yet but look nice.

For tutorials check out the terrain tutor on you tube he has great tips

hope this helps and welcome to the forum and remember the only stupid question is the that is not asked, so please feel free to ask for help.

Allan

Also, don't forget that you're not confined to just 17th Century buildings. Europe today has many Medieval buildings and even a few dating to the dark ages. 17th Century Europe would have had even more old buildings.

Churches are a particularly common survivor, any nice model of a Medieval church you can find to buy or make will be a perfect fit for your 17th Century village.

Some of the humblest dwellings of the rural working classes can look pretty much the same from Saxon times through to the Victorian age; one room, wattle and daub walls, thatched roof.